“Fairly good”

Cutter & Squidge
Ranked #29 of 306 Bakeries in London
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: We are a modern bakery and all our products are all natural, with no artificial colours or flavours. Home of the Biskie, a sandwiched dessert filled with a light buttercream, Dream Cakes, we also serve a unique Afternoon Tea. Voted one of the top 10 in London by The Debrief, our Afternoon Tea is​ served in bamboo steamers with 3 layers - one with a selection of mini sandwiches and smoked cheese scones; one with our signature Biskie, a slice Dream Cake and a special C&S mousse; and a final layer with an assortment of little sweet treats, including handmade marshmallow, brownie, cake truffle and our very own soft serve ice cream.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for the Aladdin afternoon tea and it was fairly good for the price. The tables for the afternoon tea are in the basement and it's really cramped, you can't help knocking into other people's tables and we had shopping with us as well which made it worse. The food was good, the pineapple belinni was really nice and the waitresses absolutely lovely. I don't think I'd go for a themed afternoon tea again but I'd visit the upstairs coffee shop, it was clean, modern and bright with delicious looking cakes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here as a vegan and it was lovely! They only had one vegan cake, but it was immense! Vegan chocolate orange cake.

Tasted as good as any unethically traditional chocolate cake I’ve had, if not better.

Also had a few different milk alternatives!

Top notch.

Anyone rolling their eyes, I beg you to watch the video ‘dairy is scary’ on YouTube.

✌️

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As soon as we were seated we were offered the chance of a glass of bubbly or Bellini. As we had two pregnant ladies in our party we asked if there was a juice alternative to which we were told there was however this never arrived.

The “cave” decor brought back reminders of primary school arts and crafts with good use of chocolate coin wrappers.

We ordered English breakfast tea and required three wishes just to get milk, napkins and spoons which were not on the table along with an absence of sugar. Food was tasty and decoratively presented in keeping with the Aladdin theme.

Unfortunately the slow service because of overstretched staff took away much of the sparkle. At no point did anyone come to check we were enjoying the menu, we were given three sandwiches each and only had the opportunity to ask for more when the waitress came to tell us we had 20 minutes left of our time. We were also told there would be an additional charge for the sandwiches.

Having been excited at the prospect of Aladdin afternoon tea we were left sadly disappointed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You're enticed inside by the unusual looking 'cakes', which turn out to be a soft, cookie/cake type sandwich with a butter cream filling. I tried the limited edition Nutella one which, whilst being delicious, I'm not sure it warrants the price-even when you are taking away. A nice treat but too expensive to be often!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I took my sister, my niece and my great niece for the Genie afternoon tea- it was a surprise for them all and they loved it! The setting was delightful but the afternoon tea exceeded expectations and was wonderful. My sister and I both bake and we make wedding cakes, celebration cakes/cupcakes and novelty themes, as well as having catered for large parties/events, and we wee both impressed with the creativity, flavours and wonderful food. When we arrived my sister enquired how long we had the table, which was for at least 2 hours but we thought we would be finished and gone before then......2 1/2 hours later we were still there having great fun and enjoying the unending cups of tea and ambiance- deffinatly a magic find in the centre of London!