“Sunday lunch ”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
Cross street: Westgate Street
Transit: Bethnal Green, London Fields
Description: The Cat & Mutton is a historic East London pub sat on the corner of London Fields and Broadway Market. In 2014, the pub was carefully restored, accentuating its' rich history whilst giving it a contemporary feel. Set over 2 floors, the Cat & Mutton offers an atmospheric setting, inventive food offering and an extensive drinks selection throughout.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with my daughter

Worst Sunday lunch I’ve had in ages

Food cold bisto gravy and shop bought Yorkshire puddings

Hardly any veg and meat

Not good value for £15

Go elsewhere

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Fantastic Sunday roasts with both vegan and veggie options. Dog friendly, great views over the market and London Fields and friendly service.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

First of all I must say the beers they serve comes from a series of taps. I mean this sort of thing is obviously silly. It was just as silly when it was used in the James Bond with the invisible car and the Madonna soundtrack, and in Face/Off, but I think we can at least accept this is pretty extreme sci-fi so it’s fair enough in my view.

The beer seemed better than virtual so I decided to satiate my unending hunger within. Reading the Wikipedia page they provide with every meal it seems like the fans are really the problem here: they were trying to find some reason for it while I guess the meal makers were just happy to let it go, but obviously it had got to the point where they had to address it.

What happened next is a vision I will never forget.

Mutton, from a tap, served by a cat.

Exceptional service.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Booked an area for for and drink on Saturday. Love most things about the pub but the toilets were pretty disgraceful. Overpowering stench and felt like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Wife had to change our baby and it ruined the whole day.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Nice pub, the barman who served us was very nice and helpful. We asked him if he knew where the cask marque certificate was, he didn't but said he would ask his manager. We saw him speak to 2 managers, and despite both of them looking directly at us they didn't even bother to come and speak to us! The poor barman kept apologising and asked them again 2 or 3 times but they obviously weren't interested as they both walked past us at least once each. Very very poor service, all they had to say was that they didn't know where it had been put. Very disappointed.

Cat M, assistant manager at Cat & Mutton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Hi there Heather,

I would like to extend my utmost apologies. I was one of the management that was asked by the member of staff about the certificate. As I was dealing with something else at the time I genuinely didn't realise you were still at the bar or I would have assisted you. I didn't realise you were still there and the fact that I looked right at you is a complete coincidence and mis-sight on my part. I enjoy chatting about the beers and our range and we pride ourselves on customer service so I'm disappointed that I appeared rude and believe it to be a miscommunication on our part. I did look and couldn't find our certificate which I why I never made the effort to approach you with it later. Again apologies for this.

If you're back in the area I'll make sure to have the certificate at hand!

Andy Kydd