“Nice.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2013

A lovely little place, nice and quiet at night and quick service. We had a lovely red onion and goats cheese pizza with a chicken topping as an extra. Very nice.

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

It's been a long time since I last had a pizza, probably a few years, normally go for a curry, but finding myself in London on business, called in, thought I'd try something different.

The place was buzzing, great atmosphere, even though I was a lone diner, made to feel welcome. Friendly, professional staff.

I chose the Dough Balls to start, served with garlic butter, simple, well cooked, for my main course, I chose the Francesco Mazzei Calabrese and I quote, " our hottest pizza is inspired by the food from Francesco Mazzei's home town in Calabria".

Thin crust base topped with Calabrese sausage, hot soft n'duja sausage, fresh red chillies, requito peppers, red and yellow peppers, baby mozzarella, rocket leaves, pesto, oregano and grana padano...

This is one very good pizza, but beware, the heat and spices creep up on you when you are not looking and next thing you know, you are reaching for the jug of water to douse the flames!

Worth a try....

Reviewed 22 October 2012

On a wet Saturday evening in Hampstead, the branch of Pizza Express was warm and welcoming. Service was excellent and the food as good as ever served by this reliable chain

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We needed somewhere to eat before the theatre, the staff were friendly and very efficient. The food as you would expect from a chain.

1  Thank Serena T
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I would like to write about the Pizza Express in Finchley road, near the tube station. We ate there on 2 separate occasions during London 2012. I’ve eaten pizzas all around the world with very differing results, quality, conception etc.. I have to say the pizzas at Finchley are amongst the best I’ve ever eaten. Always going for the thin crust variety, decent wine selection and certainly nothing is very expensive.
Haven’t eaten at any of the other outlets, but they all appear to be very good value for money in London.

1  Thank Ian S