“Disappointed with food”

Price range: US$12 - US$37
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the founders arms for a late lunch after seeing a show at the Globe as we’ve done in the past and the food was good. This time was a huge disappointment.
I ordered the roast . Both pork and beef were tasteless and pork was over cooked dry. How the chef could put a cold flat crispy Yorkshire pudding on my plate is inconceivable!
I know I should have mentioned this but didn’t.
That said the waitress Adriana who was good and when she asked about the meal I did tell her. She kindly offered coffees for us both.
We will not be returning due to the poor quality of the food at a very high price!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Visited at lunchtime with work colleagues. My spinach/cheese tart was tasty but was approximately half the size of my colleague's burgers, despite being a similarly priced main course, and left me hungry. I intended to order dessert to fill the hole, but after waiting for some considerable time for service, we eventually left without a second course as we needed to get back to work.

FoundersArms, Manager at The Founder's Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. A lot of thought and care goes into our British season home cooked food so it's sad to hear that we fell short on this occasion. We pride ourselves on using fresh, seasonal and wherever possible, local ingredients. Whilst we would never want anyone left hungry or dissatisfied, if seems with this dish a quality over quantity outlook may have caused this. We will be sure to discuss portion sizes with our kitchen team for our future specials. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Looks like a nice place but they treat their customers very badly. They made us move from our seats for no reason and then told us we were causing trouble even though there were 3 of us who did nothing wrong and had spent a lot of money here. The staff were very aggressive and I won’t be coming back.

FoundersArms, Manager at The Founder's Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi there,
We're sorry that you were not happy with your experience. I have spoken to my colleagues regarding the events of that evening, if you would like to discuss it further then please contact foundersarms@youngs.co.uk.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My two friends and I visited this establishment for a drink. We sat in an empty bar but were told that we had to move because we had not reserved an area. We were not causing any trouble and had in fact spent quite a lot of money in the establishment. Very disappointing service and very aggressive staff.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We came to have friendly drinks on a Sunday. Nothing major. Staff rude. Wanted to clear us away quickly. Caused no trouble and spent a lot of money yet still treated poorly. Staff very aggressive. Won’t be coming back.