“Jolly Good Grub”

Ranked #29 of 66 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Saints Coffee Bar is a local business offering breakfast, lunches and cakes! Serving fantastic tasting fairtrade coffee! A choice of delicious sandwiches/baguettes/paninis to have in or take away! Cake for those long afternoons and a relaxed surrounding to recoup! Homemade scones, soup and much more!
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Read the last review and wondered if I should give it a try. Glad that I did as my big breakfast was excellent, real sausages and butchers bacon with lots of trimmings.
Obviously the Chef knew his stuff and put a lot of attention into the food. excellent coffee and the service was on a level rarely found in most eating establishments.
I found Saints to be a lovely little cafe all round, also took some scones home for tea.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

- breakfast served without bacon because they 'forgot' about it. (Only people in the cafe were myself and my mum).

- food brought and left without giving us cutlery, had to ask for knives and forks.

- despite us being the only two people inside the cafe it took half an hour for our breakfast to be served.

- eggs asked to be well done came extremely runny.

- tomatoes and mushrooms were tinned.

Then, to top it all off, we tried to pay with a Scottish £20 note and they didn't know what It was. I will never forget the dumbfounded expression on their faces - 'we can't accept this because we don't know what it is...'

1  Thank LorraineWaddle
Reviewed 26 March 2015

great place to have a coffee and a chat with friends. I frequently enjoy the lasagne at lunchtime with family. Friendly staff! Love it!

Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Came in early on a Saturday for a hot drink and was greeted by a lovely young lady on the front counter who was fast and extremely polite whilst making my drink.
When I received my drink it was wonderful, much better than any coffee shop like Starbucks or Costa where you wouldn't be greeted in such a lovely manner.
Definitely would choose this over any other place for a hot drink in Norwich!

Reviewed 29 December 2014

Popped in here for an early morning breakfast. Very friendly service and enjoyable tea and toast. Although we didn't try them some nice looking homemade cakes and good variety of options for lunch for such a small place with plenty of veggie choices. Average prices and decor, but the lovely welcome means we'd go back.