“Welcome was lovely but Poor service”

The Showground Table Table
Ranked #368 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Showground Table Table we welcome all, weather it be a family get together, meeting friends, a quick stop or business we offer a varied menu of classic, British pub food. To View all our offers or book a table please visit our website. Don't forget to sign up to one of our Tasty Reward cards for even more offers grab a card on your next visit.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Food was passable, surf and turf sauce was horrible! My daughter had items missing from her burger and when I took it back no apologies were made to me or to her. Waitress was impatient when taking our order. When desserts were brought out my sons was forgotten completely and after about 10-15 minutes we figured it wasn’t coming and had to ask about it. Again no real apology was made or excuse given. Considering the price portions were decidedly on the small side. I would only go here again as a last resort.

TheShowground1, General Manager at The Showground Table Table, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I would like to apologise for your recent visit at our restaurant, and I would like to learn more about your specific situation and try to put things right. If you wouldn’t mind calling me on:01603 749140 i would appreciate it. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

On entering we were seated straight away we had already booked, we were asked if that table was alright for us and were told who would be waiting on our table, our drinks order was taken and within a few minutes we had our drinks, our orders for food was taken, our food arrived promptly was hot and cooked very nicely the food was plated up and looked appealing and was very tasty. The staff who waited on our table very friendly and attended to our every need. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, there were several birthday celebrations happening but the staff had everything under control there was no excess noise.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Showground . It’s always lovely to hear when a guest has really enjoyed a visit with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My husband and I together with our youngest granddaughter and her Mum had dinner here on the 22nd March, our waitress Leanne, couldn't have been more helpful, it was a delightful experience as on other occasions.
We had the beef and merlot pie, really nice, my husband had Lasagne and my granddaughter had pasta with meatballs, all very nice, although the garlic bread my granddaughter had was a bit soggy, and the meatballs a bit tasteless according to her Mum, but otherwise good.

TheShowground1, General Manager at The Showground Table Table, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us at The Showground. I am pleased to hear that our team made you feel welcome. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my family as my wife wanted to do breakfast.
I have to say it’s was quite poor.
To start the cups for the coffee we’re not clean and there were a number lying by the clean stack where others had picked them up and left them. Other crockery was similarly unclean.
Hot drinks were served from a flask which is fine but they weren’t particularly hot.
The choice on offer was okay and the cooked breakfast is made to order. Therefore you would expect it to be warm or even hot when served.... Nah!
They also forgot an item but I figured by the time I got it I would have finished anyway so didn’t bother. The place wasn’t particularly busy either.
The restaurant itself is quite dark and feels cramped to me. The toilets stink and more in keeping with a boozer than a restaurant.

Disappointed

TheShowground1, General Manager at The Showground Table Table, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent experience. I apologise that you left dissatisfied. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 01603 749140

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Just had to give another review for excellent food service and friendliness the vegan burger was very tasty also the haddock fish cake and also the salmon salad and which we had 40 percent off from previous visits there always seems to be good offers such as two glasses of wine the bottle free and thanks to Tracy for excellent service

Thank you for your feedback, I’m please you enjoyed the food & service. We look forward to serving you again soon. The Tasty Reward Card is certainly worth signing up to; there are so many benefits,
Ill be sure to pass your comments on to Tracy.