“Great service and great quality steak”
Review of Prime

Prime
Ranked #37 of 889 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away within a chocolate-box setting, Prime at The Edith Cavell in Norwich offers chunky prime-cut steaks and a selection of grilled seafood. Food is served on a sizzling hot stone, where diners can cook their food to personal perfection.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I do love the concept of cooking your own steak (having had to send my steak back to the kitchen many time in other stake houses due to it not being cooked as asked)
The setting is a nice room with a few tables upstairs.
When ordering the waitress (Jade) had a very good knowledge of the restaurants menu and was able to advise to your tastes and answer any questions.
We shared the tomahawk steak which was good quality and delicious.
The bearnaise sauce not homemade but was still a close taste to a homemade bearnaise sauce.
The garlic buttered green beans were a nice surprise would definitely recommend these if you’re going for a side dish.
A great dinner and time in this restaurant would definitely recommend.
Compared to other reviews i didn’t feel the room was full of smoke the door to the downstairs room was constantly open.
This restaurant should be higher ranked compared to other restaurants in Norwich (I only review restaurants if i enjoy the food and service...)

1  Thank Hill C

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Loved the baked camembert! Although we didn't have the steaks, our mains were still tasty. I was very impressed with the pulled pork. It tasted as good as I used to make back in KC! Very authentic flavour.

Staff were very friendly!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This was by far the best restaurant steak I have EVER had. While on holiday in Norwich (we're from Texas) we tried Prime at the recommendation of a local resident. I would have to say that aside from choosing my own cut at the market, prepping, and cooking it all myself that this is the best I've ever had. I will definitely dine here again on my next holiday to Norwich

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We were very well attended by the two waitresses who were very smiley and personable. To be honest I’m very impressed with the amount of tables they managed to serve without letting anything slip.
The steak was absolutely delicious and the Italian wine we had with it was a perfect combination.
My only criticism would be that they definitely need to work on their ventilation, as the stone plate method used to finish cooking the steak at your table means there is a lot of smoke.
Overall a really great choice for a delicious dinner.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Booked a lunch here for my husbands birthday and a meet up with our student son. Firstly this is a great location, the Edith Cavell pub opposite the Cathedral. It’s a great spot to people watch.
Staff, in particular Jade was very attentive. I loved the fact I could cook my fillet steak just the way I wanted on the hot plate. Generous portions of chips and sides.
They serve Bombay Sapphire gin and fevertree tonics and the boys settled for draught cider. The desserts were huge portions. Really enjoyed our meal, definitely return

1  Thank happyhelent