“Birthday treat ”

Price range: US$11 - US$32
Description: A Modern Contemporary Bistro & Fine Dining Restaurant 01947601110
Description: A Modern Contemporary Bistro & Fine Dining Restaurant 01947601110
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on a recommendation, my husband had pate, I had cod goujons, both very good. Main course: my husband had the Frits miso with lobster, I had chicken with garlic potatoes on a bed of tomatoes, again very good. The staff were so friendly, polite & attentive. 2 glasses of wine each followed by a liqueur coffee. Price £85 very good value

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and my hubby visited here for our evening meal. It was extremely busy and we hadn't booked. The waitress who greeted us checked with the boss to see if there was any room. Lucky for us they could squeeze us in. There was a good menu and a great specials board. I went for the fish pie and hubby for the fillet steak with a diane sauce. Both were delicious. The diane sauce was beautiful and the fish pie excellent. I would highly recommend

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We had picked a restaurant but spotted The Edge. We hadn't booked and they were very busy but they squeezed us in, asking if we could finish in a couple of hours so they could service the reservation. We were really happy with this and had a lovely meal with some amazingly good service. After our experience at the Hart in Sandend, this was really refreshing and was friendly and professional.

Varied menu with something for everyone - vegetarian and Gluten Free options. My companions had the 'Giant Yorkshire pudding', the chicken burger whilst I had my usual Ribeye Steak. Really well cooked, served well and delivered to our table with very attentive service.

All wrapped up in a beautiful and interesting building, we sat upstairs and the toilets are located at the rear of the building behind an interesting spiral staircase.

Great selection of Gins that we had a decent go at all at a very reasonable price.

Really good value with very good service that made you feel welcomed and valued as a customer. A nice find, especially the Italian waiter who was lovely to everyone and is a credit to his business.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

In Whitby for a weeks holiday so have used several restaurants and found the Edge great both times we ate there, first time we had the pork and boulebaisse which we both really enjoyed , the pork was cooked properly and very tasty, the boulebaisse which I had never tried before was superb , mussels, prawns, clams,scallops and cod in a tasty sauce , pudding was shared and tasty, service was excellent and attentive, second time the restaurant was full , service very good , food again was very good, salmon and ravioli plus this time we had a pudding each , mid range pricing all in all well worth it.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Third night in Whitby we chose this place as it looked very chic.
It was very busy so expected to wait a bit longer than usual. We waited 40 minutes for our starter which is way too long in my eyes. The drinks were also slow in coming. The couple at the next table actually complained because they had been waiting over 45 minutes for their main course.
Our main course came 40 minutes after we had finished our starters. I ordered the vegetable fajitas ( which sounded lovely).... Wrong. It came as one wrap cut in half and whilst it looked OK, when I cut into it it was full, and I mean full ,of onion. Now I know this is a vegetable but apart from this, there was a small cherry tomato, an asparagus stalk and a bit of spinach!!
Unfortunately I can't eat a lot of onion, as it doesn't like me, so all I really had was a tortilla wrap with a nice sauce spread on it.
The waiter noticed my pile of onion on the side of my plate and asked if there was a problem. He agreed that it should have contained more than just onion so offered to get me something different. By then I was past caring so politely declined.
I can understand if they run out of veg when busy, but they could have said so and I would have had something different.
The waiter was very apologetic and they did knock the price of a large glass of wine off the bill, even though we hadn't asked for a reduction.
All in all I felt very sorry for the waiting staff.....not so much the 'chef''!
I suggest you only visit when it isn't busy, if at all.
Won't be back...sorry