“Excellent family lunch”

Price range: US$11 - US$34
Description: A Modern Contemporary Bistro & Fine Dining Restaurant 01947601110
Description: A Modern Contemporary Bistro & Fine Dining Restaurant 01947601110
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We visited today, 20/8/21. 4 adults and 2 children. We were delighted with the very high standard of food. I got the grilled chicken burger. The barbeque sauce was clearly made on site and was delicious. The chef was more than happy to accommodate my weaning baby by making scrambled egg, which was not on the menu. My toddler was also served a dessert to his specification, which made his day. The male bathroom had deodorant spray, which I found very thoughtful. My partner informed me the female toilets had a supply of sanitary products and deodorant. Again, very thoughtful of the manager/owner.

My partner had the Mediterranean vegetable spaghetti. Excellent quality. Desserts were amazing. Again, the raspberry sorbet tasted homemade. Lemon bruleé... amazing! All around an excellent experience for us all. We will definitely visit again. Thanks to the waiter too, who was most accommodating and patient with us. Well done to all who catered to us

3  Thank C7560PNleea
Write a reviewReviews (769)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had the pate with gluten free bread, hake for main and a wonderful rice pudding with boozy soaked sultanas for dessert. All were very tasty but as we were seated upstairs the service was a little slow but the sole waiter was clearly busy! We’d definitely return.

1  Thank AngelaG010
Reviewed 17 August 2021

Would not recommend or rate at all, expensive tasteless food, looked really nice from the outside, trust the negative reviews

1  Thank J7708OIdianef
Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

The main lady looks like she graduated from a cafe. The food is shocking proper shocking. Three people In the restaurant complained. Ask them to make a g&t or espresso martini. Good luck. Do not go here even if space available which their will be as it is so poor. Reallly sabe yourself £50

2  Thank milsoc
Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

All the food was amazing. Between us we had steak, fish pie, duck and mushroom stroganoff. All of it was excellent. The meats and fish were good quality and perfectly prepared. In a restaurant that does meat so expertly I am used to my vegetarian option being a bit of an afterthought. Not so here. Mushroom stroganoff can easily be bland, or just one homogeneous flavour that becomes boring after a few mouthfuls. But this had a wide variety of wild mushrooms, each with distinctly different flavours and textures, and the dish brought them out and enhanced them, rather than drowning them out. Each mouthful was different - hints of chocolate, coconut and dark pumpernickel in the different mushrooms, some of which I have never tasted before. For a vegetarian dish to have such depth and complexity of flavour without being overwhelmed with spices is a rare delight, and I want to thank the chef from bottom of my heart (or my happy, full belly).

Given how good the mains were, we had to order desserts. They did not disappoint. Beautiful to look at and eye-rollingly good to eat.

The server was lovely. They had run out of mint for the mocktails but he said he could make it however I was instead, so I had apple, elderflower, cucumber and lime.

They followed sensible Covid procedures which was reassuring, and the place seemed clean and well-presented. Overall, a wonderful holiday experience.