“Evening Meal”
Review of Raithwaite estate

Raithwaite estate
Reserve with OpenTable
Raithwaite estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 218 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Hunters bar and restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea within The Keep. With its high vaulted glass atrium roof, The Keep boasts natural daylight and a modern, contemporary design. Hunters bar is ideal for pre-dinner cocktails or a glass from our whiskey and bourbon range.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We dined the night of our arrival for a 2 day break
As expected from the rest of the Hotel the decor and furnishing were excellent however at 7;30 pm there was a distinct lack of ambience
The food and service was excellent but we found it very expensive also when I booked I was asked if I had any dietary requirements I noted my wife was vegetarian but when we sat down we were just shown the one item on the menu

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Booked this for an anniversary dinner. Staff managed to bring out our main courses before the starters! Not a good start. I had the duck which on its second appearance as a main course appeared to have shrunk! Severely pretentious without any cause to be, it's grossly overpriced and hugely under delivers. Simply avoid.

1  Thank Nick T
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a small break as part of our honeymoon. The beautiful surroundings were a brilliant backdrop for the stunning hotel. We stayed in "The Keep" however; made use of the buggy service to the main facilities. The spa was beautiful - food at The Brace restaurant outstanding - staff very friendly and helpful. All in all - a great experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights to visit Whitby, located near sandsend which is a lovely little seaside town with a couple of restaurants 2 pubs & 2 cafes & a nice beach. We walked to Whitby from the hotel, it took about 25 mins to get to the theatre, there is also a bus & plenty of taxis. The staff are very helpful & welcoming. Our room was very nicely decorated with quality bedding & an outside area, I would rate the room 4 to 5 star quite luxurious! The breakfast was good served in the conservatory. Lovely gardens! The spa & pool looked fab but the weather was good so we did not use it, maybe next time. We would definitely stay again!!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Lovely new smart Modern expensive hotel the landscape is beautiful you just have to have a walk round the gardens. Very nice but expensive