“Average”

Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WELCOME to Evil Eye. Home of the bizarre, weird and wonderful. Hidden behind our spirit shop and internet cafe you'll find an escape from the norms of York and a place to relax. Our tasty cocktails are all made with fresh ingredients, prepared and put together by our well trained, friendly staff. With a huge range to choose from, there's something to suit every pallet. See you at the bar!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Bar staff were friendly, chatty and welcoming however.... the two gins i wanted to try :

Unicorn Tears
Turkish Delight flavoured gin

Were not available. I was a little disappointed about it as had been hoping to try them for a while. I would visit again but was mega packed out in the daytime so i would visit a bit later on im the day when the crowds die down a bit.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Split into a shop and a bar. Shop busts over 1000 different gins. The bar only allow a set number of people in so we had to wait a few minutes for others to leave Once inside it wasn’t overly crowded so not sure why the numbers were so limited. Decent choice of cocktails, bar happy to make them up too if you don’t see one on the menu. Definitely worth a visit if you are passing.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We actually did not realise there was a bar behind the Gin shop. Having spent some time admiring the numerous gins on offer we went through to the bar. It was very busy but we were acknowledged and served in turn. My wife enjoyed the best Bloody Mary she had ever tasted a new twist on a classic. I had a couple of gin cocktails and they too were excellent. What a find, we came back for repeat visits and always had good service including the door staff. Next time I will bring a shopping trolley for the gins I would like to take home.

Thank Andy.Crate
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends were really looking forward to visiting here after seeing it advertised numerous times on Facebook, boasting it has over 1000 gins.
Queued up in the cold to then enter the most dirtiest bar in York! Sticky floor, sticky wet bar, dirty tables and every menu available was sticky and stuck together. The bar staff were miserable.
The advertisement boasts it has over 1000 gins... to find that actually this is for the shop to sell not to have a drink! So the menu is limited with roughly a choice of 10 gin drinks... dissappointed to say the least!!
Had the one drink and left... don’t waste your time guys! I certainly won’t be going back.

1  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely quaint shop and bar, that goes on for ever. Every gin you can imagine to buy! I bought a bottle of Turkish delight gin and tried a few more while I was there. Well worth the visit.