“What a disappointment”
Review of Past Images - CLOSED

Past Images
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Past Images. Past Images specialize in period costume and contemporary photography.Come One, Come All! Step back in time with Past Images professional photography. Let us take you back to the medieval, viking or victorian era and create an image of unique quality.The Past Images service is entirely bespoke and suited to the individual customer's needs. We can help you with what to wear, how to stand or where to look but we will also listen.We Specialise in Victorian image photography, and cover York, Yorkshire, Whitby, Scarborough and the Yorkshire Coast.
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Past Images state that they close at 430pm on Sundays.

We were in York for the weekend, and went in the store at 330pm, to have a family portrait taken in medieval costumes. The proprietor told us, without much in the way of apology, that he was closing. As I said at the time, how very British to turn customers away. Is it any wonder that tourism is declining....

3  Thank Zarjaz

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I'm so glad I stumbled upon Past Images on Shambles in York! My husband and I have previously done old-time western photos in the States, but there are many beautiful options to choose from with this period and fantasy costume studio. The photographer and his daughter made it so much fun for me to play "dress up" as a medieval princess, and then worked their magic to have me riding a unicorn! It was very quick, and I was thrilled that they offer digital options with photo rights (too few studios do). Everyone just loves my unique photo. Thank you so much, Past Images!

1  Thank DogPonyRanch
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Friendly, professional and made the whole experience fun! Would definitely recommend and we will go back with our family for another session of fun in costume!

Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

So much fun dressing up. First pick what scene you want - victorian, knights, princess, riding a unicorn etc etc. Then choose what costume. They tie at the back so would fit all sizes. Then you get your picture taken against a green wall a hand full of times. Then pick which one you want and they'll put it with the background. Ready in an hour.

Or just visit the shop to look at their portfolio. You'll find them in the shambles. I recommend the unicorn!

1  Thank Jessica_nz2
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My 3 year old son and I visited York for the day and stopped at shambles street's past images for a photo, the father and daughter staff there were very friendly and made my son comfortable and took some great photos in a crusader costume which we had printed and were ready 30mins later everyone who has seen the pic loves it and my son told all his friends at nursery about it - it's not cheap but I'd definately recommend it x Charlie and sir spencer

1  Thank lehairycrab