“wonderful”
Review of Past Images - CLOSED

Past Images
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Past Images. Past Images specialize in period costume and contemporary photography.Come One, Come All! Step back in time with Past Images professional photography. Let us take you back to the medieval, viking or victorian era and create an image of unique quality.The Past Images service is entirely bespoke and suited to the individual customer's needs. We can help you with what to wear, how to stand or where to look but we will also listen.We Specialise in Victorian image photography, and cover York, Yorkshire, Whitby, Scarborough and the Yorkshire Coast.
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We found ourselves unable to take a boat trip on 6th July due to flooding and decided on a whim to do this!
The whole experience was lots of fun.
We used our image as our wedding invitation.

The only downside for me was that I booked way ahead for us to turn up again the following October in our wedding clothes on the afternoon of our wedding, this was booked and discussed and when I called up on the morning of our wedding to ensure all was good the chap appeared to have forgotten our arrangement. So in the end we didn't get our picture.

I would use this service again and have no qualms advising everyone who visits York to try it out, it was such fun!!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

this is a must to do, I was amazed by the way it was all done,
these photos are so cool, the staff are friendly and very professorial

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Past Images state that they close at 430pm on Sundays.

We were in York for the weekend, and went in the store at 330pm, to have a family portrait taken in medieval costumes. The proprietor told us, without much in the way of apology, that he was closing. As I said at the time, how very British to turn customers away. Is it any wonder that tourism is declining....

3  Thank Zarjaz
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I'm so glad I stumbled upon Past Images on Shambles in York! My husband and I have previously done old-time western photos in the States, but there are many beautiful options to choose from with this period and fantasy costume studio. The photographer and his daughter made it so much fun for me to play "dress up" as a medieval princess, and then worked their magic to have me riding a unicorn! It was very quick, and I was thrilled that they offer digital options with photo rights (too few studios do). Everyone just loves my unique photo. Thank you so much, Past Images!

1  Thank DogPonyRanch
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Friendly, professional and made the whole experience fun! Would definitely recommend and we will go back with our family for another session of fun in costume!