“Dressed for the Occassion”
Review of Past Images - CLOSED

Past Images
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Past Images. Past Images specialize in period costume and contemporary photography.Come One, Come All! Step back in time with Past Images professional photography. Let us take you back to the medieval, viking or victorian era and create an image of unique quality.The Past Images service is entirely bespoke and suited to the individual customer's needs. We can help you with what to wear, how to stand or where to look but we will also listen.We Specialise in Victorian image photography, and cover York, Yorkshire, Whitby, Scarborough and the Yorkshire Coast.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My fiancé visited here to get a period photo done, we weren't sure how it worked and the owner was very clear at explaining how he works and the process.

We asked to be dressed in Victorian style with York Cathedral in the background he was very professional in getting it to look right for the period, he said he would take 12 he took 16 of us. It was very quick we didn't have much time to think but he managed to capture lovely images of me and my fella that it was very difficult to choose from the images just one. We deducted one from the many and ended up buying a cd, key rings and a photos.

The guy was a bit controlling and it could come across a bit negative when your doing it for fun, it made it hard to relax especially when he kept telling me to smile. I'm a big cheesy smile person so it is either a little or a lot which I didn't want to do for the photo I wanted to look more like the old Victorian photos which look more relaxed. A little bit stressful for me but in the end his method worked ...we love our images..

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Went here today and what a brilliant fun experience. Basically you dress up in costumes and have your photo taken. It's a unique experience and a great opportunity to create a memory! The enthusiastic photographer adds to the whole experience and its nice to see someone so passionate about there work. Would recommend this place for anybody who wants to create a memory.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I confess it was my idea that we have a memory of our trip to York. My pregnant daughter and one of my two nieces weren't at all keen on the idea whereas one niece and my son-in-law seemed OK with the whole idea. We turned up without the need for an appointment which may have been luck or the fact the school holidays hadn't yet started.
As the senior in the group and the most likely to stamp my foot if I didn't get my way, I was allowed to choose a Victorian theme for the picture. The proprietor pointed out the costumes and left us to it There was no embarrassment as the costumes are designed to fit over street clothes, my one complaint however was that the robing room was tiny and very, very hot with 5 of us changing. Maybe it was just bad for me as I was dashing round trying to get myself laced up at the back ( no not a corset) and also trying to stop my son-in-law from dressing as a Knight in chain mail for a Victorian Scene. We settled by getting him dressed as a Hussar complete with sword.
The photographer was good and took a number of shots ( 9 I think) and I chose One to be put on disc so the copyright was mine. After an hour I went back and the disc was ready. I was surprised to find all of the shots were on the disc which was amazing.
A great choice of costumes, a fun time and professional pictures made a visit to York memorable.

2  Thank Bouldnor
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We found ourselves unable to take a boat trip on 6th July due to flooding and decided on a whim to do this!
The whole experience was lots of fun.
We used our image as our wedding invitation.

The only downside for me was that I booked way ahead for us to turn up again the following October in our wedding clothes on the afternoon of our wedding, this was booked and discussed and when I called up on the morning of our wedding to ensure all was good the chap appeared to have forgotten our arrangement. So in the end we didn't get our picture.

I would use this service again and have no qualms advising everyone who visits York to try it out, it was such fun!!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

this is a must to do, I was amazed by the way it was all done,
these photos are so cool, the staff are friendly and very professorial