All reviews toby carvery park and ride monks cross retail park toby inn beans john lewis the breakfast area sofa bed minute drive free breakfast city centre ring road would stay again blackout curtains on arrival check in was quick
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We went primarily to spend the day in the North Yorkshire Moors Railway WW2 weekend, we booked this at the last minute and it did what it said on the can.
Check in was efficient & welcoming, the room was basic but clean, breakfast was actually very good some of the low budget chains struggle but this was very good and plentiful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express YORK.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the breakfast was very good.
Its good to hear that you found the team welcoming and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

If you want a no frills hotel then the Holiday Inn Express York will not exceed your expectations. It did the job of offering a clean basic room however I was really disappointed that the sheets did not fit the bed. By the time I pulled back the covers I could not be asked to move or have new sheets provided. The staff were friendly by I had the most unappetising breakfast.

The saving grace was the Toby carvery next door. This had a good range of veggie options and very cost effective.

Would I stay again, probably for the price, but if there was an alternative in the same price band I would look elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2018

From arrival to departure (3 days) the staff have been excellent, even when I arrived back early, they always were on hand to ask if everything was ok, and gave complimentary cookies and coffee.
Would highly recommend to anyone

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Booked a two night stay for two adults and one child.

The reception was quite nice and the receptionist even phoned a taxi for us to get to the city (around 3.5miles away). She also gave us a few taxi business cards for our return (very useful and much appreciated).

The room was nice and tidy. The beds were comfy and there was tea making facilities. The only downside is it was a little snug for the three of us. The bathroom door/toilet door is a great design. Strange comment, I know. But when you see it, you'll understand it works really well.

Breakfast was superb! One member of staff made a fruit platter for our daughter that was well received. You could even make a drink to take away.

Despite its distance from the city, it was still a good hotel to stay at. We would certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This was a last minute choice because I had mistakenly made a booking for York, Western Australia! We are travelling by coach from Edinburgh to Kent with stops on the way so have to use public transport. Taxi from coach station to Holiday Inn showed how far out we were, but it didn’t matter. There is a Coastliner bus stop about a 10 minute walk away. The lovely staff in the Breakfast room were very helpful, Reception now have a bus timetable because we left ours with them. The room was fine, clean and very warm! We had to open the window, but everywhere we have stayed the rooms have been very warm. Breakfast was substantial, buffet style meaning you can eat as much as you want, and was very nice.

Date of stay: September 2018