“Essential to include when visiting york”
Review of Barbakan

Barbakan
Ranked #21 of 983 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I took my family for lunch, I had the beef dumplings and they were unbelievably good. My parents had goulash and my better half had the potato pancakes with beef. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming and the beer is strong! I’d like to go back for an evening and overdo it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious Hearty Food in a nice relaxed restaurant. Very friendly staff and food is reasonably priced

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Killing time before a visit to the York Cold War Bunker and stumbled across this bistro delight. Wonderful broad range of Euro food with a polish interpretation. We had some lovely meat balls in a rich meaty mushroom sauce and a little pasta all in a single bowl. And the Hungarian Pancakes with potatoe dumpling and Goulash. So so tasty. Highly recommended for a winter fill up. We’ll be back! Delicious.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be staying close by and managed to book a table in advance. So glad we did - we booked it on spec after we walked by and only checked the reviews later.

Food was delicious and complemented by a good selection of wines. My beef dish was melt in the mouth and my parters stroganoff quality well cooked and flavoursome. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

visited for the first time not knowing what to expect - other than it was polish and it had good reviews - had my sister in law over, so hoped it would be good. good priced general menu of polish food plus a good selection of specials. Wine and beer reasonably priced. Friendly and informative service. We had courgette fritters, scallops, fish cake for starters all of which were enjoyed. Mains were lamb and beef cheek which just melted and were each in lovely gravies, and a salmon - again well cooked. generous helpings meant no room for puddings... but they looked delicious... hope to visit again.