Clifton Bridge Guesthouse
US$127
US$112
US$162
US$75
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$74
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Room Service
US$108
US$90
  • Room Service
All reviewsfull englishlarge family roombiscuitscooked breakfasttwo single bedstea coffeebottled watertrain stationcity centreyogurtstayed here for one nightbeanspleasant stayleave the carshort stayan overnight staycar parking
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We arrived at the guest house very early and decided to ask if it was ok for us to park our car and we would come back later to check in, the owner said we could check in straight away which we where very pleased about, i paid for the room and the owner took us through the dining room explaining that work was being done to extend the dining room, upon arrival in our room we found it to be basic with a very big double bed and decent sized bathroom with large shower, plenty of tea, coffee, milk and a couple of packets of biscuits. The walk in to york is about 15 minutes depending on how fast you walk. Breakfast was ok with a selection of cereal, fruit yogurts and cooked breakfast with toast, coffee, tea and fruit juice. On the day of departure the owner said we could leave our car as we had told him we planned to go for a walk, he even suggested a few walks that we may enjoy.

Over all a very pleasant stay,

The ONLY negative is the cleanliness

The carpet looked like it hadn't seen an hoover for weeks and with the works to extend the dining room the tables, chairs and cutlery etc had dust on them which i cleaned with a serviette.

Room Tip: take your slippers as floors need a good hoover
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I booked my room on line and advised I would be a late arrival. Due to a change in my itinerary I emailed to see if I could drop my bag off early. I got a quick reply telling me that that would be fine. Arrived around 11.30 to be met by Arthur who booked me in and showed me my room. Arthur was a brilliant host, and I was made to feel really welcome. The hotel, my room and ensuite were spotless. It was freezing in York on Monday but the hotel was warm and cosy. Arthur cooked me a delicious breakfast even cooking my eggs without the yoke as requested. I would definitely recommend this accommodation.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived to find nobody but a workman up a ladder in the building site which is the"dining room".
We immediately felt uneasy about the place as it has a strange smell about it.
After about 20mins the owner turned up.
We were then allocated our room what was a reasonably sized twin on the ground floor.

The furniture is tatty and not helped by the large silve domestic fridge, which didnt work that was dumped in there.
The unpleasent smell which may have been because of the building work was constant.

Later on in the day we came across a lovely familiy with children who had been turned away at 5 30 as their room wasn't ready. It was now 7 45 and they still couldn't get to their room has the oener had gone missing again.

This place is a disaster avoid it at all costs.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Our second time here and just as good as the first . Good sized room with a big on suite . Very large comfortable bed .
Excellent fresh cooked breakfast with plenty of fruit and cereals to start with .
Yes the rooms are a bit dated . But the price for bring so close to York is amazing

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harryb13
Reviewed 2 January 2018

The location is around a 15 min walk into York, the double room we stayed in was very nice, clean, plenty of space and a nice ensuite. There was tea coffee facilities in the room with bottles of water. We had a great New Years Eve stay in this hotel and had a lovely breakfast New Years Day. We would def stay here again in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple