“Great curry house ”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Reserve with OpenTable
The Raj is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 1,000 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving the best indian food in yorkshire won many awards including restaurant of the year 2017. We are the Talk of York!! Please Book as we can get really busy
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Quite genuinely the best curry we've ever eaten, and we've been to a few over the years! Staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was hot, tasty and not oily, great selection of drinks, and a lovely coffee at the end. Well worth a visit - our usual Indian at home will not be the same any more.

2  Thank Lauren H

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A group of 8 of us turned up at The Raj, hadn't booked. The staff were very welcoming and the food was fantastic. A big thanks to the waiter who gave us all complimentary shots, just for me having played Fortnite! Will definitely come back here. :)

1  Thank Ellie P
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Booked in on Friday Night. Food and Service excellent. Great value for Money.
Only small qualm I would have is with the beer on tap. Not the best tasting, either due to unclean glasses or pipes.
Other than that I will not hesitate to return and will be doing on many occasion in the future.
Highly Recommended.

2  Thank robamundo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Visited here on our first night in York. We were not disappointed, lovely food with excellent service kicked off our stay and not expensive.

1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Reserved a meal in here Friday night... on arrival we were seated in the back room. We were promptly asked what drinks we wanted. The starter arrived and was enjoyable, I had the onion bhaji which was lovely... i then had the southern garlic chilli chicken, again very nice. So why a 2. Firstly the toilets are dire, after soaping my hands I couldn’t turn on the taps. There was a musty smell in the dining room, I know it’s an old building! When I was returning from the toilet a waiter threw a napkin onto the trolly in the corridor that nearly hit me. He did apologised but come on let’s be professional when working... The thing that really got my goat was 5 of us had finished our starter and the waiters cleared the table, one friend was still eating, we all commented on this which is a big no, no. Would I got back ?