“Every visit is a delight.”

Rafi's Spicebox Ltd
Ranked #7 of 64 Shopping in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At the Spicebox we flippin’ love food! We want to share with you our passion and knowledge to help you create delicious food for your family and friends. We have shops in Sudbury, York, Harrogate, Newcastle Fenwick Food Hall and online. Pop by for tips & advice, menu planning ideas and our handmade Curry Packs, tailored to your tastes. We also have a large range of loose spices, gift sets & kitchenware, pickles & chutneys, snacks & sweets, breads, rice and much more. Whether you’re a novice cook or avid foodie, we’ll have something to tickle your taste buds and help you get creative in the kitchen.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It has been a while since a last visited Raf's Spicebox, and I'm happy to say that the standard of service hasn't dropped at all. I visited 31/03/18 and I was served by a tall boy and a young girl, who made me 3 Xacutti's and recommended some other mains.

The girl was as nice as she was last time I was there, she was also very patient with my wife haha. Taking out time to explain what the spices were and let her smell them as well.

I am really excited to try out the side of tangy greens and Dhal I was recommended as I was told it's quick and easy to do.

They also told me about the new Leeds shop which I hadn't heard about until yesterday and my wife and me, can't wait to visit it.

I am happy to say that ever since discovering Rafi's Spicebox, the shop and the website have been a massive help with introducing us to cooking Indian Cuisine.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"fab"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great chat and chose something perfect for me. So easy to cook. I'll definatly be back but next time for something a little different.

Spicebox, other at Rafi's Spicebox Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

We're pleased to hear that you had a great experience in one of our stores and that you found your purchase easy to cook! Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Nice to see this place so busy again when we popped in there this afternoon. 3 staff serving and all busy. Most seemed to be locals asking for bespoke curry mixes. :)

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, David!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We love cooking and are always on the lookout for something different, and we found it, spice mixes made up fresh for you, these guys are so knowledgeable, helpful and really nice, we wish it was local but at least you can get it online, can't wait to try and cook what we bought whislt we were there fantastic.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Mike! Glad to hear you had such a great experience.