The Gillygate
US$233
US$142
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$100
Hilton York(York)
US$118
US$98
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$81
Mercure
US$106
US$91
  • Room Service
All reviewsgillygate pubbeer gardenwhisky snuglovely pubpub hotelyork minsterfree parkingselection of beersfab locationpiecomfy bedstayed for one nightbreakfast was includedcar parklovely roomfull englishtea and coffee
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came here as we had been told that the pub is doing Sunday lunches again , as a typical bank hol it was raining but when we got in the pub it was nice and warm and busy , managed to get a table and ordered 2 roast beef . This came to our table promptly and was piping hot , beef cooked perfect proper roasts and a real Yorkshire .
I had a pint of Pravha and my partner a large white wine
I can’t wait for the weather to get better so we can enjoy the homemade pizza in the beer garden

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I have got to say, this place is a gem. Clean, comfortable bed, in a modern room. Powerful shower. Breakfast was delicious. 10 minute walk to most places in York. Staff friendly & helpful. Reasonably priced. Will definitely be staying again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Very very lovely pub, fantastic staff, great drinks, good music and I really enjoyed the speedquizzing pub quiz! Very much located in the center of York, just a couple of minutes away from the York Minster. Overall, I‘d totally recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Looks great on trip advisor as did the rooms, however nothing like it. Parking only 4 cars including staff cars. As we walked in I looked into one of the outside rooms and see wallpaper peeling off the walls. Were shown to our room which wasn't as the pictures, the room seemed warm, we went out and on our return at about 5 pm the room was an ice book. It was at top of building and not double glazing. I went and found staff who said heating was on a timer,
This was a Sunday and they don't do meals on Sunday night, not a problem in York, found a lovely pub up the road (which had better rooms) back to our ice box, slightly warmer.
Next morning heating not on, small bathroom had no heating and damp on walls. Only good thing was the breakfast.

Stayed: December 2017
3  Thank Jackie k
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My mother, daughter and I stayed for 1 night last night. We stayed in room 1 which had 2 good single beds and an inadequate pull down double sofa bed, which had a mattress like a ski slope. We laughed at he sight of it but not at all funny to sleep in. The shower was scalding hot in the morning, we all left without showering. Apart from these 2 issues, the room was clean and good breakfast. Would not return as good sleep and shower are important.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family