“My favourite Deli in the world!”
Review of Henshelwoods Deli

Henshelwoods Deli
Ranked #400 of 920 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I stumbled upon Henshelwoods Deli during my second year at university here in York. I have since made this place a regular for lunch, and I would place it as one of the friendliest and cosiest local secrets.

I have three favourite sandwiches from there. They are the chicken liver pate and redcurrant jelly sandwich, the beef and horseradish sauce, and the parma ham and cheddar sandwiches.

I cannot recommend this place enough. Not only are the staff are lovely and helpful, they are also genuinely knowledgable in their products and of their local producers.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

As they have many kinds of selected cheese, I needed some help. Her advice was spot on! Since then, I often go there and I always enjoy 3 different kinds of cheese with my husband.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

This deli is by far the best..... In the world!
The sandwiches are delumptious, the owners are fantastic, the most customer focused business in York. This place is the highlight of our visits to York. Thank you Henshelwoods

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Love popping into Henshelwoods whenever I'm in town. They stock a great range of cheeses, pates and meats and have all sorts of pickles and chutneys in jar around the shop. They also do an amazing array of sandwiches, made to order. Brilliant.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

The team at Henshelwoods have provided us with 25 picnic lunches for the past couple of days while we were at a conference in York. We have been delighted with the quality and value for money they provided. The lunches were tasty (and frankly, huge for what we paid), and the team were helpful, flexible and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble - even down to hand writing on each bag the contents of 50 picnic lunches! We will very hopefully have the opportunity to frequent Henshelwoods again, and we would definitely recommend them. Thanks Henshelwoods!