All reviewstown centrebus stationcentral locationsuperior roommarket squarechanging roomsfew minutes walkfloor roomcar parkper nightbuffet stylefree wifibusiness tripleisure facilitiesweekend stayshower headthe room was nice
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Northampton, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Reviewed 25 January 2016

If you find value in reading hotel reviews you may look back and find my review of one year ago when I last stayed at this hotel.

Suffice to say that the Park Inn by Radisson Northampton remains one of the UK's most over priced, poor value, run down dump of a property that I have ever had the misfortune of staying in.

A severe lack of competition in Northampton centre keeps this hotel in business and for no other reason would you stay here wexcept for sheer convenience. The cold, cell like rooms (some refurbished, some not) are found off lifeless corridors reminiscent of some pre-Thatcher mental institution. Splashes of colour in the room do not hide the dreary, despressing quality of the rooms. My stay this time was in a north facing room which, in winter, are exposed to the weather, poorly insulated and impossible to heat.

The hotel is STILL undergoing renovation and the top two floors are closed. Our tour party (some six rooms in total) all located on the fifth floor and all of us endured noise from the buildign works above from 8:00am each day.

Staff pay lip service but are do not really care in the slightest. Perhaps they are all to be found in the kitchen where they are giving lesssons on how to remove all taste from the breakfast menu items....?

Dire and dreadful...again.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
4  Thank Lady M
PI_Northampton, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear Lady M,

Thank you for your feedback. We are extremely surprised that you felt that our newly refurbished rooms where not to your standards. As you have pointed out all rooms on the 5th floor have been refurbished including the corridor and the feedback we have had has been extremely positive.

We apologise if you had any disturbance during your stay before 9am as no noisy work should commence before this time. The contractors, as you can imagine, have been instructed to not deviate from the contracted start times.

The buffet selection that we offer is of a very good standard and again we receive very positive comments about the selection that we offer.

I note that you stayed on the 7th floor during your last stay and I am happy to point out that these rooms are being fully refurbished including replacement of all of our boilers and water pressure systems.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and will use this to fine tune our services in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Our recent stay at the Radisson Park Inn was a fairly enjoyable one by and large, and I would suggest that it would make a pleasant enough stay for any weekend/ short-time visitors to the area.

The main foyer area and corridors are well kept, clean and modern, and whilst the rooms are perhaps a tad dated, they too are clean enough and comfortable. Our room (4th floor) was spacious and well equipped, with tea making facility and modern television. The bed was nice and made for a good night's sleep, whilst the toilet and shower were more than adequate for a short stay. It certainly isn't luxury by any means, but for the price paid it all represented good value for money and made for a good base from which to explore.

Noise wise, we did notice a little bit of background sound coming from the busy main road outside (our room faced the Vue cinema and overlooked the main car park), but it wasn't enough to deter us from a solid night' sleep.

However, and this is a massive point which was very relevant to our stay, we were very angry and disappointed by our 8.30am alarm call from the floors above on the Monday morning- namely drilling and consistent hammering coming from renovation works on Floors 6 and 7. We had a long drive planned on the day in question and a good night's sleep was therefore very important to us on that particular night, and it was therefore very inconsiderate for the hotel to place us in a room which it knew could be subject to such early morning noise and, more importantly, not to pre-warn us of this. We did phone the reception to complain at the noise, and in credit to them, without request we were presented with a discounted bill when we checked out, but it did leave a sour taste in the mouth and did ruin what was otherwise a very good stay here.

It is worth mentioning the facilities on offer as well- although the leisure centre's reception area, gym and indeed changing facilities (what look to be converted 1960's office facilities) are rather basic and slightly dirty, the swimming pool and sauna area were very pleasant and enjoyable- a nice bonus for this standard of hotel in this area.

We would be tempted to stay here again if ever back in the area (the main reason for our visit was a rugby trip to nearby Franklin Gardens, and the town/ hotel therefore served its purpose very well), though we would be sure to check ahead to ensure that the room we were being offered was located away from any renovation work which may be going on, which I imagine there may be quite a bit of as the hotel continues to try to maintain its decent standards.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris M
PI_Northampton, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel apart from the refurbishment noise on the Monday morning, which I do apologise for. The contractors started earlier than expected and we are very sorry for this. The refurbishment work is now completed in the bedrooms.

If you do come back to Northampton then please contact me directly at the hotel and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade for you.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

The hotel itself (reception area, restaurant and pool) have all been refurbished to a very good standard.

However, the hotel is really let down by its old and dirty rooms. I was assigned a room on the first floor, which was not up to the standard advertised or expected. The bathroom was very dirty and old, dirty shower curtain and old fashioned shower over bath, which was also dirty. The room was below standard- plastic desk chair etc...

The whole situation was made worse by the fact that my colleage was upgraded to an executive room which allowed us to compare just how shocking my room was. Maybe not the best idea to only upgrade one person out of a group of two! When i complained about the state of the room, the member of staff on reception was unhelpful at best, when i asked to be moved she advised that the hotel was actually overbooked and my colleague and i had the last 2 rooms. When i stated i wanted to make a complaint about the room, her response was- "you just have". Not exactly what you expect.

Thankfully my colleague and I were able to share her much more appropriate room. Although the floors above are being renovated and they started drilling into the ceiling at 8.15am. We ended up checking out an hour earlier than we had planned, because we couldn't sit in the room with the continuous drilling anymore. I understand this is a business hotel, however 8.15am is not acceptable and this was confirmed by the much more responsive member of staff on check out.

Overall a pretty horrendous experience, if i had been paying for the room myself i would have demanded my money back. I have informed the service my company uses to book hotels and hopefully they will be able to claim some money back and discontinue using Park Inns.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to the executive floor but only if you're going to be up early.
6  Thank Chloe F

Dear Chloe,

Thank you for your comments on your stay at the hotel.

Please let me apologise that your room wasn't up to the standard you expected. I am very surprised that you felt the room to be old and dirty as we normally receive very good reviews on all of our rooms, especially the cleanliness. With regards to the allocation of rooms, we wouldn't have known in advance that you were with other colleagues and unfortunately they were chosen to receive complimentary upgrades.

I agree that the team could've handled the situation better and I am sorry that the drilling disturbed your stay.

Once again, I am truly sorry for your disappointing stay. I do hope that this hasn't deterred you from staying with Park Inn in the future.