“Lunch out of the rain!”
Review of Zest cafe

Zest cafe
Ranked #15 of 110 Restaurants in Hexham
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: If your looking for something different then this is the place we specialise in fair trade, organic food and coffe,fresh tasty meals, from different parts of the world , homemade hamburgers, to cold sandwiches, jacket potatoes,Philly cheese steaksteak, gluten free and vegetarian options. Stop by today for sit down service or a take away.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Love this place, the fact it's next door to my flat doesn't help since my stomach starts rumbling from the minute they open in a morning!

Great Philly cheese stack, great service and a good mix of customers, oh and free WIFI :)

Try it you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Looking for a place for breakfast we were attracted by the very positive reviews and took the opportunity to stop and were extremely glad we did.

Loved the hash browns, with any style of eggs. A very satisfying meal in a small cafe, makes for a wonderful change to the many plastic chain restaurants you have to put up with when traveling. Really enjoyed the family atmosphere with mom and son as hosts to make you feel welcome.

A must stop there for food next time we are in Hexham.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We just happened upon the Zest Cafe on our way to Housesteads one morning. We had yummy scrambled eggs on toast, with good, friendly service.
We loved the American items on the menu and were only sorry we couldn't return to sample many of those.
There's no immediate parking for the cafe, but the Tesco over the road has a huge car park, so that was very convenient.
Would totally recommend it--wish I lived in the area so I could be a frequent visitor.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch a couple of Saturday's ago, prompted by good reviews on Tripadvisor. My burger was delicious-really well seasoned and lots of chips, Husband's jacket and chilli was tasty, and daughter had beans on toast and the staff kindly did her a couple of sausages to go along with it. The cakes smelt good but we were too full to have one. I did manage to finish my unicorn hot chocolate, which to be honest I'd ordered more out of curiosity than expecting anything that good. I was wonderfully surprised-hot chocolate, cream, sprinkles, sauce, I think popping candy?, just yum yum yum!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit.called in for lunch.good selection to choose from.delicious and reasonable price.