“Stunning restaurant”

The Josephine Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 119 Restaurants in Hexham
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Beautiful surroundings and very professional service. The staff are very informative and friendly. The breakfast is exceptional with choices of both continental and full English. You can itemise your breakfast to suit your taste. You can request an alternative evening menu to the alacarte, which also has varied options. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

My wife and I had dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was fantastic with a classy feel about it. My wife said the Halibut was the best she had tasted and the pudding was everything she loves, liquorice , gingerbread and roasted fig. The service was brilliant and very attentive especially Aiden who talked us through everything on the menu. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Excellent restaurant - easily deserves its 2 AA Rosettes.
We ate here 3 nights in a row, and were not disappointed.
Menu is limited to 4/5 starters, ~6 main courses: but this is not an issue, as the quality of each meal was excellent.

1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Obviously my mother's cooking surpasses anything served here by a large margin, but this is the most decadent and delicious meal I've ever had (in a restaraunt). My family of four enjoyed a three-course dinner and a breakfast here, and this opinion was echoed over every plate.

I enjoyed the parmesan starter with granola and beetroot, lamb main with mash and the apple dessert that I cannot even describe - it was the most incredible taste I've ever experienced (in a restaraunt, mother).

My entire family and I highly recommend this restaraunt.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I have long wanted to stay or at least dine in a castle, and this trip saw the dream come true. A night at the Josephine Restaurant where the whole dining experience was amazing. Great staff, great food (set 3 course menu, but the choices for each course were extensive and varied) and a fabulous ambience that includes suits of armour, tapestries and great wooden doors.
We were sat in one of the window alcoves and we got to watch the peacocks perform outside.
Great wheelchair access, should you require it.

1  Thank medievalscot