“Lunch with mother”

The Beaumont Hexham, Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 119 Restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: British
Description: Our open plan Restaurant, lounge and bar offer a free flowing informal space to enjoy everything the Hotel has to offer.
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful food and atmosphere. Wished I lived nearer. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We ate here after visiting a couple of times for drinks. The food was excellent across everything we had - fish, steak and chicken. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere in the room was great. We will certainly be back.

1  Thank Colin G
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have been going regularly for a lunchtime snack to this restaurant since it reopened under new management. Although there is a good variety of tasty food, on our last visit we found that the cost of a sandwich had increased by 20%, and an additional 10% "Discretionary service charge" had been added to our bill. We would be surprised if many cafes or restaurants apply a discretionary service charge to snacks and beverages!

4  Thank worldtraveller38
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

As always, The Beaumont was busy, luckily we booked ahead as it was a easter Saturday. I had the soufflé and as always, baked to perfection, my wife ordered the terrine which was accompanied by chargrilled leek - absolute perfection. Mains arrived, my wife ordered the chicken supreme which was 'impeccable' in her own words! The three morsels of pork tenderloin arrived, juicy and tender, cooked to perfection. A side order of bacon, garlic and broccoli was a welcome accompaniment to the mains, cooked perfectly and with a good crunch only found in fresh and expertly cooked veg. Deserts comprised of a banana gallette and a sticky toffee pudding, which I wolfed down. I usualy go for a chocolate oriented desert, this time I was glad I didn't, moist yet airey? The sauce complimented the pudding so well I started scrapping it up with my spoon - absolutely one of the best deserts I have had.
The whole meal was a food journey from start to finish, tempting the pallate with different flavours, I cannot recommend the Beaumont enough, the food is unbelievable and service matches the quality of the food. Well done all, your the jewel in the crown of Hexham.

2  Thank Wallabies76
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I went here last night with some friends and had the most delicious meal I’ve had in a long while! I had the Brill and it was succulent and tasty. The vegetables were spot on. We all enjoyed every mouthful. The others had beef and pork. My creme caramel dessert was beautiful.
The service was excellent, very attentive yet not over so. It was expensive but we had 2 excellent bottles of Malbec. The chef is obviously very good with attention to detail with presentation evident. Well done to all concerned a truly delightful evening all round.

1  Thank Maureen L