“Saturday Shopping ”

The Angel Micro Brewery
Ranked #470 of 1,357 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Description: At the Angel Micro Brewery we have endeavoured to create an open and welcoming atmosphere in our kitchen, to help our guests feel they are part of the cooking experience. Our food prepared in house as fresh as possible, sourced from suppliers with whom we have close relationships allowing us to create dishes with the finest ingredients. Gastro style pub restaurant.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food is excellent. Only let down by the service. Waited 15 mins at one bar and after being ignored finally got served at the other. The barman was so distracted talking to what looked like mates that a vegetarian meal ended up as a sausage sandwich. A free drink resolved the situation but never the less will be avoiding on a Saturday afternoon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Had a couple of beers on weekday lunchtime so it wasn't busy. The ale was nicely kept and the food that appeared looked good and plentiful. My biggest gripe is the cleanliness, particularly the staff. Scruffy, dirty clothes and shoes doesn't sit well with me and to sit at the bar preparing cutlery whilst there are dirty tables is unacceptable. As a weekend venue for students, I image it meets their criteria, but sadly not for me.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The Old Angel was my favourite pub when I was student in the 1990's. So to hear it had a closed and now reopen with a microbrewery, it made it a must (re)visit. It didn't disappoint. Beers were great, buzzy atmosphere, cool music. Will revisit sooner.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

very nice food,but portions are far too big for me,for sure there should be option for smaller tummy's.Very busy at Wednesday's ,but food was lovely,even mixt up and dessert arrived before main,but staff looks very busy.
Gravy can be less watery ( but its only mine preferences).Soup of the day was tasty ,main too-steak with fries-will prefer with mash potatoes.overall very good,and tasty.dessert was nice too.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Quality unfined cask ales, keg beers, wines and a great vegan food selection. We enjoyed the vegan 'fish & chips', especially those hand cut potato beauties, but thought the tempeh could be enhanced by being wrapped in a sheet of nori before being battered. The mushroom and butter bean pie in a creamy sauce with seasonal vegetables, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy was scrummy. The staff were generally friendly enough, some more than others, but when I initiated conversation about the beers or recommendations for vegan options, they were helpful and pleasant. Just a couple of minor gripes. The pub wasn't very cosy but granted it was chilly outside and sash windows in a 400 year old building will not retain the heat. I found the bench seating uncomfortable due to the wooden lip which dug into my back, but fortunately we were able to nab a large black sofa, which was perfect for our afternoon drinks session. This excellent venture will definitely be on the vegan trail on our next visit to the city.