“Brilliant”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Went to this Sunday.didn't Raelise it was 2 for 1.we had the chicken sticker burger.cost 12-50 each.paid for 1.then had lemon/blueberry sponge and ice cream.it'd to die for never tried anything so lemony.atmosphere was brilliant.very busy.but we didn't have to Waite long either.

David B, General Manager at The Burnt Stump, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for the great feedback. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will pass this on to the team and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Burnt Stump

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Five adults and three children went to the Burnt Stump for a family tea. After queuing for the bar for an age (initially only 1 person working) listening to the bar staff bicker, we eventually ordered our food waiting to use the same till so we could put three families through together as we were told that way it would all come out together. After ordering we were told there was a 30-40 minute wait for food but eh oh we had already ordered so what could we do? When the food came it was a real mish mash. Some mains came out others didn't , side orders were not coming out and one vegetarian meal was replaced by a beef version and served to us (big mistake), and all of the food was either cold or burnt. We had to ask for one side order 4 times and it eventually arrived after everyone had finished eating.
When I complained the manager offered me free desserts which I turned down so finally grudgingly she agreed a refund (just the mains with non of the upgraded fees we had paid though). What I found most alarming was how eager she was to hang her staff out to dry. Initially blaming new staff runners, when I suggested the error was not them she went on to show me receipts blaming her bar staff. I really did not care who made all the errors they were made that was that. All in all it was a very poor experience this is a lovely setting and the poor service is ruining what could be a lovely family experience.

1  Thank wilkkat
David B, General Manager at The Burnt Stump, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. We will use the feedback to work on improving our service and food quality.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Lovley atmosphere with great and friendly staff that are always happy to help, food is of good quality and is served fresh and hot. The 241 deal is always a good deal and now pepsi free refills is a good addition too.

Thank you for the review glad to hear that you enjoy visiting. I will pass your comments on to the team. And we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Dined with 9 family members during the evening.

* Long wait on food.
* One bar staff on, with the pub being very busy, hence long wait at the bar for drinks.
* Finally food arrived, salad (rocket) limp, chips very few, but surprisingly steak was just fine.
* Outside tables completely full of dirty plates and glasses, looked terrible for such a lovely setting.
* Served inside with PLASTIC glasses due to all the glasses being stacked up dirty on every table, no staff to wash them!

What was supposed to be a relatively short visit out for tea took all night!
It may be 2 for 1 but I don't feel the whole experience was value for money.
Haven't been for years and won't be returning anytime soon.

MORE STAFF REQUIRED!

David B, General Manager at The Burnt Stump, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience. I do agree that we have needed more staff on with the recent good weather. Thank you for your review we will use it to help improve our service.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Not visited for a couple of years, but won't be visiting again after today's experience. It used to be a nice place for a meal, but today there seemed to be insufficient staff to cope with the customers. The table hadn't been properly cleaned. We then had a long wait at the bar to be served and during that time could hear the 2 staff members constantly moaning about other staff. 2 of my friends placed their order and then myself and another friend placed our order with the same member of staff straight after. However, after the first food order came out, we expected the second one would soon come out, but it didn't arrive until our friends had nearly finished theirs, so we didn't get to eat together! We then ordered pudding, but that took over half an hour before they arrived. When I tried complaining about the poor service to the waitress who brought out the puddings, she just said sorry and walked off and was clearly not interested in hearing what we had to say. As we were walking out of the pub, there were several tables both inside and out, that had dirty plates and glasses still on them and hadn't been cleared and wiped. The only reason I haven't rated the review as terrible, is because the meals were 2 for the price of 1, so at least we hadn't wasted a lot of money for bad service and conditions.

1  Thank sarah3129