“LOW-QUALITY FOOD”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I had lunch here recently, with family. My meal was meant to be some kind of chicken bake with pesto - it was a slightly- pink chicken breast fillet, swimming in some nondescript, tasteless sauce, with some green stuff on the top (looked like spinach but it wasn't). The "delicious olive scone" wasn't a scone at all - it was a microwaved "sponge"-textures thing with no flavour at all. The garlic bread was 2 very small pieces of bread which had no taste or sight of garlic in them.

My grandchildren had cheesy pasta, but there was no cheese on/it it, just a bland tomato sauce, which they didn't like.

Disappointing, to say the least.

2  Thank Lynne B

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The most awful meal I have ever eaten. My 10 year old son said it was awful. My 6 year old daughter felt the pasta sauce was watered down. Had I not been starving due to biking would have left it. For people who have taste buds and know how to cook please don't go. Outdoor area would be lovely if the trees were not overgrown and you could actually make the most of a sunny evening. Plus even the service was dire they had no idea who to serve. Never would I go again ever!!!! If you have no tastebuds and food is just fuel and want a cheap meal then go for it.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Visited recently, on a Tuesday night. It was very busy as to be expected on a warm evening, we found a seat and the waitress came over for drinks and to take a food order. Think she was called Abbie? She was lovely and very helpful! A credit to you.

One thing is we waited a while for food, we were in no rush but would of appreciated being told there may be a wait.

Great food, Great price!

Definitely returning soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We used to visit burntstump quite often and was always pleased with the food and service. Yesterday with the weather being so nice and the kids breaking up from school we decided to treat them to dinner. We had a lovely afternoon with other family members who also joined us, sitting outside watching the cricket and enjoying a few drinks while the kids played on the grass. unfortunately we felt the quality of the food had gone downhill. I ordered the steak and ale pie with mash, peas and gravy. My daughter ordered the sausage and mash and my son had a kids meal. After paying my daughter changed her mind and asked if she could change her order to burger and chips, the waitress who served us said this was not a problem. After waiting quite some time for our food to arrive my daughter was presented with sausage and mash instead of burger and chips! We didn't want to cause a fuss or have to wait any longer as she was hungry so she accepted the sausage and mash. The mash was hard almost like it was from a packet. The sausages were cheap and fatty, the steak and ale pie had no taste. My gravy fell out of the gravy boat in 1 lump. It was almost like our food had been sat on a hot plate drying up! We couldn't quite understand how other family members had received there order before us when we placed our order first! The kids plates were red hot but food was luke warm. I can't say 1 of us was happy with the quality of the food. We ordered at around 6pm and by 8pm we were still asking for the kids desserts. Doughnuts finally arrived at 8.10pm with a small jug of what looked like chocolate sauce but tasted like crap. Don't bother with the cheesy nacho's either, you get a few burnt tortilla chips with abit of melted cheese.
Queues at the bar were to be expected as it was busy, however the outside tables were full of glasses and dirty plates which attracted alot of wasps!
I can't say we will be be in a hurry to return here unless the quality of the food and service improves!
Can I suggest you get some more staff.

2  Thank louise r
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful and talkative, food was fantastic enjoyed the chilled
atmosphere would recommend highly see you again soon guys

David B, General Manager at The Burnt Stump, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for the great feedback. I will share it with the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon.