“Had a nice evening”

Price range: US$39 - US$392
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After being recommended to us by a friend, my wife and I visited World Service for an evening meal. We started with a drink by the bar, I had a Mojito and my wife asked for a prosecco. When my drink turned up it looked great but very full of ice. I started to drink it and thought it tasted really nice. The only issue was that I only managed around three mouthfuls of it before I was sucking on air as the drink had run out!. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting considering the cost of it was £8 I think it was. We were then seated for our meal. The food we ordered was all great tasting and presented very well. The staff were also very attentive and were ready to clear finished plates and to top up our drinks when they got low. On the whole we had a great night and will return.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

When you choose a place to eat to celebrate a special occasion, this is the venue.

My wife had never eaten here, and this was the perfect time to take her. We was welcomed with warmth and shown to our table. As you can imagine, the setting is simple but very classy.

We just could not fault anything throughout the night. Arrival drink, Canapé, starter, mains, dessert and even our own special decorated petit four plate. Sheer Class.

Massive thank you to the Chef and his team. Every dish had so much flavour and twists.. pure perfection.

Also thank you to Head Waiter John and his team of guys for giving us a lovely night too. Xx

1  Thank KRDS
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This was a very good experience. The restaurant is housed in an old club (of the gentleman's variety). On arrival you are seated in the lounge and can order pre-meal drinks and consult the menu and order. You are then taken to your table. The food is very good and the wine list is interesting. The experience is special and so is the price tag - but we thought it was worth the money.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed a birthday meal here this weekend.. a special vibe and a tasty well thought out menu. Great value too for the set menu. Good service-would definitely recommend and visit again!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

A nice venue in the middle of Nottingham and known as a go to place for a "posh" meal and drinks.
It is nice and the food is good but on my visit it was not great just good with the high price tag i expect high quality this did not quite make that in my eyes as i said on my visit.
I would be happy to go again and be shown otherwise as it is a well know place and gets very busy.
In the same week i had the chance to visit La Rock also in Nottingham and this place has now set the bar that all other restaurants no have to be judged by La Rock is a must visit place if you like to eat out.

2  Thank BRENTF12345