“A unique zoo keeper experience”

Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Burford
More attraction details
Owner description: Closer to Wildlife! Stroll around the Park discovering over 260 different animal species in 160 acres of beautiful parkland and stunning gardens. Get eye-to-eye with Giraffe, walk with Lemurs in our Madagascar exhibit and watch Zebras and Rhinos graze in front of the Gothic listed Manor House, with only a ha-ha in between you. Take a ride on Bella the Train around the Park or let the kids explore the adventure playground. Have lunch in our restaurant or picnic on our spacious lawns. Pet the goats in the Farmyard or watch the Penguins being fed (daily at 11am & 3pm). If your're brave take a peek in our Reptile house with Crocodiles, venomous snakes and lizards or watch the bats flying around in the Bat house or see the creepy crawlies in the Insect House. Stroll around our Walled Garden with Meerkats, Otters, Prairie Dogs, Penguins and Tropical House with free-roaming Sloths, bats and birds. Along with beautiful exotic plants, cactus beds (in the warmer months) and spectacular bedding, all of which make a beautiful backdrop to the animals.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Bristol, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A unique zoo keeper experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I visited Cotswold Wildlife Park last week to spend the day as a zoo keeper, as a birthday present from my wife. Throughout the day, we visited various sections of the park to visit the animals. It started with feeding the donkeys, followed by a close up view of the rhinos. One of my favourite parts of the day was feeding the penguins, for which I had an audience. The monkey section was excellent, especially the lemurs, and it was great to be inside the nocturnal house as fruit bats flew close by. Feeding the meerkats and otters was also fun. I was surprised to discover the Brazilian Tapirs, who took the food from me, almost without stopping for breath. The day ended with me (slightly hesitantly) feeding the lions, before meeting the giraffes face to face.
Throughout the day, I found all of the staff to be very knowledgeable and friendly. I was also pleasantly surprised that my wife was also allowed to interact with the animals as well. This was without doubt, one of the best days I have ever had.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Jeffrey42

Highworth, UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Uniquely British”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

A manor house in the background, rhinos in the foreground. that pretty much sums it up! A great day out with or without children! from 99 - 04 I used to take groups of school aged children on trips there, and they loved the place. Besides the animals, they enjoyed the playground... (do they still have that massive slide that protrudes form a big old tree?) .. the insect house is fascinating, as well as the bat display. It's been a couple years since I've been myself, but I've heard others remark positively recently. Good value for money

1 Thank WessexHoosier
CotswoldWildlife, Public Relations Manager at Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments. We still have the massive slide that protrutes from an old tree stump! It has just been given a makeover and now looks like a mini version of our Gothic Manor House (See if you can spot what animals are on top of the turrets). We also have 4 Giraffes and a new Giraffe Walkway where you can get eye-to-eye with these amazing animals. The insect house is closed at the moment undergoing refurbishment. Hope to see you again soon.
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Better than Longleat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is a proper wildlife park where you can get up close to the animals. It has a great mix of large and small animals and kids love it. The season ticket is great value

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great day out and not just for the kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We visited on last week and had a fantastic time. This is by far the best wildlife park/zoo we've been to. It's great value as there are so many animals to see and the park feels so open and spacious so it doesn't feel crowded even when quite busy. We spent about 2 hours in the park but didn't have any small people with us so imagine you could spend 3 hours plus especially if you take a picnic too!

Visited March 2012
CotswoldWildlife, Public Relations Manager at Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for your lovely review of the Park.
england
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“lovely day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

i go here every year when my kids were growing up and now with my grandson. lovely scenery and plenty of animals. we always take a picnic but you can eat there the food is ok a bit pricey. not very expensive to to into the park, you can go in any weather there is plenty to see indoors and for the kids there is a centre where they can to arty work.