“Friendly and welcoming”
Review of Fairytale Farm

Fairytale Farm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mixing classic fairy tales, animals and adventure play, children will love Fairytale Farm. With our exciting adventure playground, an enchanted walk with a surprise around every corner and a chance to meet our amazing animals, there is so much to see and do. It is a sensory and learning wonderland for all the family.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been a few times to this lovely farm. I have been with my niece and nephew, nephew is 2yrs old and loves seeing and feeding all of the different animals. Niece is not 1 yet but I am sure she will get the same joy as nephew does. The sensory section is lovely and we spend a lot of time there enjoying the water. Yes there are obviously building works going on, and I am sure that whatever they are doing is going to improve the venue. This place has the most amazing potential!

Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review, which we were all delighted to read. The Niagara Falls Water Play is great fun, and the perfect place to spend some time when the weather is nice. We have opened a lot of new attractions for 2018, and there is building work going on for later this year and next year: we are building a new cafe, also the remaining sections of our new area Wilderness Walk, and a new Snow White themed area for 2019. We hope you will come back and see the changes we are making.

All reviews
"friendly animals"
in 8 reviews
"loved the animals"
in 7 reviews
"rabbits and guinea pigs"
in 7 reviews
"couple of hours"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing place, my 17 month old loves it. Been up to see the Easter bunny today and even though it's wet we've still had a great time. The food in the cafe is lovely too. Staff are inviting and can't do enough for you when needed. Just enough there as well so not overwhelming. Animal feeding as well.

Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. Glad you enjoyed the Easter bunny. The rain hasn't stopped us having fun at the Farm this Easter Weekend! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

It was great fun, we recommend it to everyone who loves animals and fun games for children to play, the staff is also very helpful and friendly. The animals were well kept and friendly.

Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for your review. And thanks for recommending us to people - please keep spreading the word! We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Visited this farm on our weekend trip to Cotswolds at Feb end. We were in the area and looking for something fun for my 5.5 year old and this looked very exciting on the website. Waited a long time at the entrance which is inside the cafe for someone to check our online tickets. There were two people in the queue including me. Got attended after 15 minutes. As it was already 12ish, we decided to order some food. Again a queue of 5 people took 20 minutes for just the orders to be taken. Then began the nightmare of waiting nearly 45 minutes for the one sandwich and one quiche to arrive. I counted 8 people working behind the counter/ kitchen and around 6 occupied tables!!! Every time I asked them what was taking so long, they said they are preparing the packed lunch orders (for whom?? as finally out in the farm there were very few people). All 8 people seemed frantically busy but to no result. Another couple on next table were in the same situation as us with very restless children hungry and unable to understand why we are sat in a cafe when we have come to see the farm.
So, after 1 hr 20 min of arriving, we ventured out of cafe to the farm. And it was all done in 20 minutes. The enchanted walk section consisted of a few hideous mermaid and sea animals statues, sensory section was water flowing and few herb plants, a giant camera for pictures which could not be emailed to us as internet wasn't working and then a handful of animals. Llamas were very cute though. My son played with the rubber ducks in water stream and quite enjoyed it. But that was it. Certainly not enough to keep a 5 year old busy for a day. We stretched somehow to one hour and then left. Even if it were sunny, I cant imagine anything more than 1.5 hours in this place. Having seen some amazing farms around England, wouldn't recommend anyone to go out of their way to visit this.

Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your review. The point you make about disorganised service is the same as the previous post and we have changed our approach, ensuring each member of staff has a specific role. This has resulted in much faster service.

We are glad that your son enjoyed the alpacas (I assume that is what you were referring to as we don't have any llamas) and the Rubber Duck Racing.

We do not pretend that Fairytale Farm is a large attraction, but we do think there is enough to entertain families for around 3 hours, longer if the weather is good. We feel that this is good value for money, as our admission price is low, and this seems to be the view of the majority of our visitors.

For Easter 2018 we have just opened a whole host of new attractions, including our interactive Dancing Musical Fountains, a new and improved Giants Camera (which allows you to post your photo direct to Facebook from the farm), a completely rebuilt Giant Rabbit Burrow and a brand new area of the park called Wilderness Walk. So lots of new things to explore.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I visited Fairytale farm with my 1 year old daughter and was very much looking forward to it. On a positive note, it was nice to walk around the area where the animals are but that was about it. Everything else seemed run down and old.

The one aspect of our visit that disappointed me most of all was the absolute lack of customer service. On arrival, I waited and waited and waited to pay the entrance fee, eventually a lady appeared. Once inside I went to buy a bottle of water, in front of me were 3 members of staff preparing food. Again, we waited and waited and waited for one of them to acknowledge us, but no...nothing!! I wouldn’t of minded but they knew we were there as my little one was getting fed up and the staff had looked at me a couple of times and not muttered a word. I understand sometimes it’s going to be busy but at least acknowledge the customer that’s been stood for so long! Especially when the is no one else in the queue! This place could be amazing but still has a way to go.

Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had to wait to get served at the cafe and at admissions. We do try and avoid this happening, and ask staff to remain at the admissions and cafe tills to ensure that they are there to serve visitors. On this occasion, I can only assume things were very busy. But at the very least, somebody should have acknowledged you and apologised for the wait. I have discussed this with the staff and hopefully this won't happen again. You will, however, see from other reviews that visitors consistently say that our friendly staff are one of the best things about Fairytale Farm - and I strongly believe that they are - so I hope this experience hasn't put you off.

We have lots of new attractions opening for Easter, including a whole new area called Wilderness Walk and a new-look Giant Rabbit Burrow, so I hope you will visit us again and give us another try.