“RUDE, UNORGANIZED, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ANd UNDER STAFFED”

Hollywood Bowl Oxford
Ranked #26 of 27 Fun & Games in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An exciting, modern bowling venue embracing the latest in modern technology. We have bowling lanes, Hollywood Bar an Diner as well as our play for prizes and latest video arcade amusement area all the family can enjoy themselves at this exciting venue. Book today to experience your taste of Hollywood in Oxford!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had book a VIP lane for 7 children and 6 adults for 3.30 in the afternoon. We arrived early and were given a buzzer to say when the line was ready. by 3.45 i had to ask at the desk if our line was ready to be told no its wasn't even though the people before use had finished their game and where just sitting there, also then told to write everyone names down even though we had done this on booking. At 4 went back to the desk and spoke to the manger to ask what was going on and explain that we had a table booked for food at 5.30 and now would be running late. The manger was rude and spoke back to me as some the worked in retail for 14 year this is not how i would resolve a matter. Finally our lane was ready but they had not cleared the rubbish from previous people that had played and sorted the lane ready so i walk down the lane to move ball so we could start our game then to be rudely told by a member of staff to get off the lane. I would never go back here, I drive to Swindon from now on!

1  Thank Gethin E

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We attended a children’s birthday party. We left with ears ringing. Staff unhelpful and uninterested and generally lacking. Could have been so much better.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say!!! I came out with a headache! No one in a pink shirt can answer or solve any problems for you, and there were many, unless you queue at the front desk (yet again). In total I queued x4, 20mins each time. Firstly to get in, then to report fault with an arcade machine, then to remove the giant green 'start game logo' from pur bowling game and then to reclaim tickets for a prize.....MY GOD! Shoot me now.....this place may look prettier than before but the service is shocking....there is no system for people needing assistance with different issues, people queuing to the side of the actual queue and pushing in and being seen to before those that have been stood in line for 20+ minutes. The manager was running around like a Looney dealing with everything and there was no responsability on other members of staff..... this could clearly stop the chaos. I understand it was really busy but to have to stand in a 20 man deep queue every time I had an issue was a joke......and to add insult the pins kept getting stuck and the computer kept messing around.
I will not be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank Skinny84
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Booked and paid on their website. Needed to be bowling by the time booked as had other things planned after for a birthday treat. Place was busy, chaotic and full of young families when we arrived early. They asked us to go back to reception for the time we booked, no problem. However then they told us we had to wait 15 minutes as there were no lanes. No apologies, staff seemed clueless and stressed. Not sure what the point of paying and booking in advance is!

Overall place looked as though a thousand kids had left mess everywhere, which I think they probably had! Lane table was still dirty with the previous occupant’s rubbish even though there was a bin at the side of the lane! Not enough balls that we wanted so a few of us had to keep waiting for the one orange ball to appear! Loos were is a bit of a state too.

As a result of the delay we had to rush our games.