All reviews wedding planner breakfast was excellent comfortable room oxford city centre retreat
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week and were very disappointed. We got married there 10 years ago and loved it so thought it would be lovely to go back and celebrate. The amount of money we paid (£145) you would expect better. The shower leaked all over the floor and there were coffee marks on the cups in the room.
The only person that took any interest in us was the bar man that seemed to be running the whole hotel. The service at Breakfast (which was not included in your stay) was very relaxed as we didn’t get served for about 15 mins and we were the only ones there. No one greeted us and the breakfast was warm definitely not worth the money.
When we went to check out we didn’t even get ‘did you have a nice stay?’ Surely this is a must! I have emailed the hotel twice as I didn’t want to have to write this review but no one has bothered to get back to me.
Definitely not worth the money and such a disappointment for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie D
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms 2 weeks ago via booking.com and got a phone call today to say the ‘website’ had made an error and hasn’t realised the rooms were already booked so they needed to cancel our reservation. Can’t believe it took the hotel 2 weeks to realise this as well, however is my own fault as I read in a review that they cancel your bookings without warning if they get a wedding or event. Won’t book with them ever again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amurfina
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Perfect location for Oxford City Centre and surrounding Chilterns with rolling country side. 5 minutes drive to park and ride into oxford city centre where buses go every 10 minutes daytime, 20 minutes evening. £2 parking for 11 hours! Bargain. WESTWOOD HOTEL staff in general were very pleasant and extremely helpful. (The lady on the reception upon checking out didn’t say the usual ‘thank you for staying, ‘hope you’ve enjoyed your stay’ and ‘safe travel onward’ which would have been a nice end to a wonderful stay. The hotel outside needs a lick of paint especially the main entrance door, but, interior and rooms were delightful. We were there for just one night. Just booked somewhere to sleep really and this was perfect. The room was wonderful, very clean. The balcony was clean too with a lovely view of the garden and woodland. The bed was fantastic! So comfortable! So crisp and fresh linen. Soft towels in bathroom. Nothing could have been better for the price we paid. It was perfect! Recommend giving it a try. We’d definitely use again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Zoe M
Reviewed 24 May 2018

The location of the hotel is perfect, to have such a peaceful and secluded area whilst still being so close to the A34 is ideal. Prices are bang on what I would expect. Room was larger than expected with a lovely bathroom and more bathroom and coffee supplies that usually provided. Had a lovely door that opened up onto some of the gardens also.

Service by Danny on his first night was outstanding, have been fortunate enough to stay in some top hotels around the world and his attentive nature and manners were second to none. Real assest to the business.

Certainly will be booking more nights here during my business stays.

If I could complain about anything though being minor, the noise of the corridoors seems to be quite loud when other guests are going to their rooms even when no raised voices, but thankfully this had no impact as I expect I was one of the last to settle down.

Room Tip: Lovely Small and Peaceful Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Last minute booking was very pleased to get in here
Lovely country rural settings
Ample parking
Bath and compimentry toiletries
Wheelchair friendly
WiFi
restaurant
Bar all the good stuff
Excellent size rooms tea coffee
Everything you would expect
Staff very friendly very helpful

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business