Rewley House
US$197
  • Restaurant
US$295
US$250
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$133
US$129
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswellington squarecontinuing educationuniversity accommodationclarendon stmain buildingpretty squarestandard single roomtop floorcommon roomtwin bedscomfortable accommodationcity centreroom was cleanbig bathroomexcellent locationyour luggagequiet at night
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

So this place is within walking distance of all the sights of Oxford, very clean and reasonably priced compared to the rest of the city. I paid for a standard single room but got a double bed with bath and shower, so all good. HOWEVER, even with the window wide open from before I got there, the radiator turned off and the heated towel rail turned off, it was ROASTING. This was mid-December with ice still on the ground in some places so god knows how it would be in summer. I have no idea where the warmth was coming from, but after sweatily patting down walls and standing on chairs to check air vents at midnight I still couldn’t figure out why it was so hot. It’s like the walls were sucking in heat from some mysterious source. Anyway, if you can put up with that it’s a good value room and Oxford is lovely.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived for a one night stay about 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon.
From weeks of traveling around Britain we understood the chances of our room having a fridge were miniscule. We were correct "no fridge ".
No worries I thought..the other properties we have stayed at were all accommodating to store my diabetic insulin in their kitchens refrigerator .

EXCEPT Rewley House. I put this woman off by requesting such a thing. We wound up being helped by a local restaurant.

Poor grades for this establishment.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

During a dinner, I conveyed my choice of vegetarian option and waited for about 20 minutes for the main course to be served. Several times I tried to catch the eye of one of the waitresses to no avail. While people around me began to get served dessert, I finally walked up to the girl who had taken my order (she was standing near the head of the table with a sullen expression) and asked her to bring me the main course. She rudely asked me to reconfirm my option and brought it after another ten minutes. The queues at the buffet are a joke, with people breaking the queues all the time due to lack of plates on one side. Left a very poor impression of the place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed on the top floor of #12 for 1 night and found the room to be adequate...but that's about it. Very steep staircase to day a 40 lb bag up, but a good location for exploring Oxford. I was walking Shakespeare's Way and left before breakfast time...served in another building.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was glad to find Rewley House when I was looking for lodgings in Oxford. It is part of the University Extention, and the rooms were priced like the more modest hotel rooms.
My plan for our short time was to take a city-and-university tour and to visit the Ashmolean Museum, so Rewley House was right on the scene.
It is also right around the corner from great and cheap eats--French, Italian, Thai, and artisan Natural Bread. Best bread we had in England.
Location of Rewley House also great for arrival and departures by train or bus. To or from the bus is a straight shot, close enough. Train a bit farther. We hauled large suitcases, so we were glad of both proximity and the lift in the building.
Room and bath extra spacious which feels good though the slanting ceiling makes it not so useful.
Beds comfy, room clean, a reading light each, and one of the better breakfasts we encountered. Including the coffee!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple