US$302
US$168
US$157
US$111
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$93
  • Pool
US$116
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$261
  • Breakfast included
US$126
US$122
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2011

A lovely little guest house with very frindly owners. yes, the rooms and the house are a bit old but really well maintained and very clean. It just addes to the atmosophere. We would prefer this kind of accomodation anytime to a sterile hotel. Great breakfast to set you up for the day. Very convienient location - only a short walk into town.
Well, we feel in love with Oxford and we will for sure be back and we will make sure we stay at the Becket Guest House again.
Thanks guys.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin-Oliver
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I cannot fault the location. I had trouble booking direct with the owner and eventually did it via an agency. Becket House wasn't impressive from the outside; a broken window that has been taped up months if not years ago lacks kerb appeal. We had a double en-suite room. It was clean but for the money it was in very poor decor and repair. It had a random collection of old, cheap, (some broken) mis-matched furniture. The paper was peeling off the walls and ceiling and the paint chipped. Electrical cables were just run round the walls and nailed in place. One ran across the floor. There was green algae growing on the taps. To take our mind off the algae pictures had been cut out of a magazine and glued to the wall. The TV (which was new and worked well) was immediately to the right of the bed so you couldn't watch it from there. The bed linen was old and grey and the blankets were like something you give to the dog. They didn't look clean although I don't doubt they were. There was absolutely no cushioning in the mattress or pillows. Everything in the room looked to be the cheapest and any repair or decoration was the standard of amateur DIY. The owners appear to have tried to deflect the shabbiness by sticking pieces of contemporary furnishing, decoration and fittings here, there and everywhere. There was very little street noise but the property generated plenty of its own. It seems that some of the en-suites (like ours) have a Sani-flo/macerator toilet that deafens and shakes the room when you flush and from early morning I could hear and feel them going. Combined with people who didn't have an en-suite walking up and down stairs on paper thin, un-cushioned carpets and it was difficult to sleep past 7 AM. The breakfast room was light and tidy. Breakfast was OK but I've had much better. The couple who served us, who I presume are the owners, we very pleasant and chatty. I have seen several comments that say for the location the price it is very reasonable. We spotted a few B&B's while walking round that were in the same sort of central locations and same price bracket, so shop around. Apart from a good location and friendly couple there's nothing at all to recommend this place.

Room Tip: Oxford is easy for walking and buses
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Balgownie
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Following recommendation, I e-mailed to enquire about reservation later this month. As no response I telephoned the next day. Proprietor (Marie) said that she "needed 24 hours" to check availability, due to illness and possible overbookings by staff! I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but no response the next day. Sorry, but it really should not be that difficult to open a diary (manual or electronic), check bookings and confirm/decline without delay. I have taken my business elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank KeithMajor
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My first impression of the place was that it was a tired little B&B in a sidestreet near the railway. The decoration inside matched the outside. However...

The owners were just lovely and very attentive. You cannot do better for location - both to the city and the rail. In addition, the hop on - hop off bus picks up right at the rail station which is pretty much just across the street from the B&B!

The price was very reasonable (69 GBP per night) for a clean, livable room in a great location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I stayed three nights here because it was the cheapest single room I could find in the town centre. The room and shared facilities were shabby, but clean. The breakfast was included in my room rate; not the greatest sausages I´ve ever eaten, but the bacon was OK and they did the eggs the way I like them. Nice friendly people.

Not luxurious by any means, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo