US$154
US$144
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$82
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$118
Travelocity
US$137
US$132
Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$40
Agoda.com
    Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
    US$363
    US$347
    US$326
    US$311
    • Restaurant
    galahotels.com
    • Restaurant
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

I've never written a trip advisor review before but feel I had to let others know how awful this guest house is. The room smelt terrible. We had been told that the guest house had experienced some trouble with their plumbing so we could no longer be accommodated in the double and instead had a twin room. Maybe the plumbing issue was the reason behind the smell of poo. The furniture in the room was old, tired, stained and didn't match. The bathroom needed a good clean, it smelt and we decided to not use the shower. The towels were tough, off white, rough to the touch and need replacing. The windows are single pane, wobbly and need replacing. The curtain track is broken and coming away from the wall. The mattresses were disgusting and the springs were digging in to us making it very uncomfortable. There wasn't even a headboard. There is no care paid to this guesthouse and a complete lack of pride. There was a horrible fight next door between 4-5am which only ended when the police arrived although this was not related to the guesthouse and can't be helped.
    I could go on and on. The room cost £90. Please do not spend your money on this room. The owner called out to us as we left, not to say goodbye or to wish us a safe journey. No , only to shout out that we shouldn't have brought our bike in last night. Poor service in a crappy dirty environment.

Stayed: June 2015
    1  Thank faye m
    Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

We booked to stay at this guest house as it was significantly less expensive than other guest houses we had been looking at. We had a nice double room and to be fair you get what you pay for. Very basic en suite with no bath but the shower was fine. Very friendly hotel owners who were very accommodating as we were initially not scheduled to arrive until 11 PM. There is no parking but you can risk parking in the carpark opposite although there is a chance you might get a ticket. Excellent central location. Good to use as a base for exploring the city. I would use this guest house again. It's just a shame that they don't do breakfasts although there are plenty of cafes around.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 28 April 2015

I recently stayed here to attend a wedding around the corner. I was alone, so really just wanted somewhere cheap to sleep for one night. There wasn't much available in Oxford, at a cheap price anyway so after some searching around, I went with Becket Guest House, . TBH I wasn't expecting too much because of the reviews, but I thought, hey, you get what you pay for. In fact, in this case, I got a lot more. The location for those travelling by train, is unbeatable. It's down a side road, so quietish, and without passing noisy revelers in the wee hours (the greatest nuisance in a city hotel). And my room had a pretty back garden view. The rooms were clean, freshly renovated and mine came with a chaise longue, wardrobe space, tv, kettle, hairdryer, sink. I shared a bathroom and the shower was powerful, spotlessly clean and new, as were the towels, sheets etc... And the bed was comfortable. I've paid more for a lot less and would definitely use Becket again if I returned to Oxford. My one little quibble is that I asked in my initial email if I could leave my (very little overnight) bag with them all day Sunday after I checked out, as I wanted to go sight-seeing in Oxford for the day. The reply said that I would have to ask whoever was there when I arrived. I did so, and the (very friendly) lady who greeted me said it shouldn't be a problem at all but to ask the person on shift when checking out. The gentleman on shift when I was checking out said it wouldn't be possible as he wasn't going to be there for most of the day and Sundays were always tricky. He did, however, direct me to a nearby youth hostel where I had no problem leaving my bag (for a fee of £3) for the day. I just felt that Becket House could have told me about the Sunday problem re luggage from the first email, in the end I felt it was a little disingenuous not to. But that is really a tiny quibble in an overall positive experience. For what you pay, you get a great deal at Becket. I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
    1  Thank siasu
    Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Small room, old house, no service, no parking place, no breakfast. Noisy, warm. Way overpriced for what you get.
    Location is outside city center. Just a bit too far to walk. If you have a bicycle it is OK but there is also no possibility to park your bicycle.

Stayed: July 2014
    1  Thank Leiden10
    Reviewed 30 June 2014

Having read recent reviews about this Guesthouse we were not really looking forward to our stay here. But it was fine. The location is brilliant just by the train station and we were able to leave our luggage there while we spent the morning in town before our train. Everything was perfectly clean and comfortable and had a homely touch which I rather liked. It suited our budget too. The staff were really friendly and helpful and I would quite happily return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family