“Great bar staff!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Craig at the bar was the most helpful, cheerful person you could hope to meet! Even awkward customer didn't phase him!
Really efficient. Made sure he knew our drinks and personally ensured our steak was how we liked it!
Thanks from James & Sally.
(Malbec and double Jameson & ginger!)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited here on a number of occasions as we were staying next door in the Premier Inn on Friday 23rd & Saturday 24th March.

Friday afternoon we had a quick drink here while waiting for our friends to arrive, our 2 drinks came to £6.85, so not overly priced.

We then ate here with our friends on Friday night, while the service was very good, sadly the food did not live up to expectations. It was like everything was bought in and then cooked from frozen, either boiled, deep fried or microwaved.

We were going to have breakfast on Saturday morning before heading off sightseeing in Oxford, it did not look very appetising, so just had a cup of coffee instead.

The resturant/bar was clean and well maintained, the staff were friendly enough. Fine for a drink but average food.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

we were 5 people,made a reservation,got a table for four and an extra chair. food took so long to arrive at the table. everything was burnt, tasteless and awful. they didnt have filet steak( in a restuarant where their food is STEAK!), the chicken and choritzo was tasteless, didnt have any choritzo. the meat for one of the mains was burnt completly! the waiter brough onion rings and threw it all over the table and left without bringing more or changing it for us. terrible experience, wont be going there again

1  Thank yaghoobisamira
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Longwall is very convenient for my work and has recently had a make over so is now a light and airy space very please to sit in . Its always had a reputation for slow service but today was exceptionally bad. I and a friend entered at about 3 minutes to 12 at lunch time. It was very quiet just 2 people in front of us waiting to be served. We still however had to wait 20 minutes to be served. The member of staff who served us was very rude and at one point said to customers " come down here I'm not working on that till am I!" I thought this was very rude and unpleasant. She had I think not been properly trained on the tills and proceeded to block the till and then said to her colleague who was trying to serve someone else Ill leave you to it and marched off!. We were eventually served and ordered 2 open chicken sandwiches. When they did finally come after at lease 30 minutes waiting they were dry and pretty disgusting. To be honest I don't think I will be going back. Poorly trained and rude staff and poor food no thanks I will be taking my lunch at my desk in future.

2  Thank xanthe F
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

A very attentive and friendly service from a blonde lady. Food was good as for the pub just i would say a bit overpriced for what it is. Will definatly be back.