“Its on the Up and Up”

Carluccio's - Oxford
Ranked #109 of 725 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: AN HONESTLY ITALIAN DINING EXPERIENCE IN OXFORD JERICHO Enjoy contemporary Italian dining in a lively, sociable setting. The true flavours of Italy from breakfast to dinner. At Carluccio's everyone is welcome, no-one is rushed. Whatever you want, whenever you want it. The finest ingredients served with the minimum of fuss, the maximum of flavour. Honestly Italian to the core.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I have had some wonderful meals here and some awful ones, but the last couple of time s here have made me want to come back, so when a quiet day came along and I was hungry at lunch time I went along alone. I had hear there was a special on the Veal TBones, and I was right so I plumped for that along with a glass of their Abruzzo.

The Veal was good, but a little over cooked, still it was moist and tender and had good flavour, though the garnish/dressing on the veal was a little vinegary. The roasted potatoes were very moist and good. I enjoyed the lunch, and my coffee, and was astonished at the value for money.

Management response:Responded 24 August 2017

Dear Wardieeee,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I`m really pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to our restaurant.
We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is our top place to take our grandchildren out to eat in Oxford. The children's menu gives them an appealing and satisfying meal while there's plenty to please adults too. Our waiter this time was Milan who was particularly pleasant and excellent with the children.

Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

Dear OxfordCorben,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a fantastic review.
I will make sure I pass on your kind words to Milan as I know he will be thrilled.

We all hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My girlfriend and I visited Carluccios during our trip to London for our Anniversary. We found this restaurant by pure mistake and it was the best mistake of our life. We were seated within 5 minutes of a very busy lunch period. We were seen to quick by the friendliest waiter. I got the Mushroom risotto with chicken and my girlfriend got the Penne Giardiniera!

The food was absolutely incredible, everything was cooked to perfection and the waiter checked on us and had a good laugh with each other throughout. He then recommended the chocolate cake to us and it was beautiful! He then asked us about our trip and suggested some nice places for us to visit! We left him a nice tip which is something we don't do often but he was so incredible and made us feel really welcome!

We have since found out that there are quite a few of these restaurants and I am so happy there are 2 in Dublin. We have for sure found our new date night spot! Thanks guys for an incredible meal!

Ps. The toilets are quite quaint and I love the old style fashion of it!

Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

Dear SarahDempz,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I`m thrilled that you had a nice experience in our restaurant and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Again we have amazing experience from carlucios in Oxford !
Food is always delicious never disappointed!
Staff is very friendly, managers look after you always and they make great atmosphere over there.
The best place to eat in Oxford

Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Dear kopimar,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. I`m really pleadse that you enjoyed your meal with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I ordered the risotto, what came was a congealed lump of rice. It looked bad and tasted the same. Ate some but left most. Very disappointing.

2  Thank Brinuk
Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Dear Brinuk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I can`t apologise enough for the really poor quality of food you received. I`d love to discuss this further with you. If you find it convenient please do not hesitate to contct me on 01865514468 or oxford@carluccios.com.

Kind regards,