“Lovely traditionally Sardinian food”
Review of La Galleria

La Galleria
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Good atmosphere in a nice room. Had the carpaccio & asparagus special to start, and the monkfish and rigatoni for mains, and all were delicious and well presented.
Staff friendly and would definitely go again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

What a great find.
We booked over the internet beforehand.
We arrived to a warm and very friendly welcome, there was a lively buzz inside but not too loud.
The service was very good indeed.
The food was one of the best Italian meals I've had outside of Italy .
To start I had one the best cooked calamari I've had, main was veal which was perfectly cooked and for dessert I had the chocolate mousse tart which was light but rich.
I would recommend a visit as we found it to be great value for the standard of food.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had a wonderful dinner here on Saturday night, as staying in Woodstock for a couple of nights. The welcome was warm and friendly and service was not at all rushed, which was perfect as we were out for the evening. The food was excellent and very tasty, with plenty of choice for wine. I would not hesitate in eating here again, should we go back to Woodstock. These restaurants should be supported, before chains take over.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We booked a table for Saturday night, as we liked the look of the menu choice. We were not disappointed, bread basket was lovely, and the tiger prawn starter was delicious, very tasty. The crab linguine hit the taste buds in all the right places, and my husband said his beef medallion fillets were lovely, as were the vegetables and potatoes. No dessert as we were too full, but sure they would have been good. We had a lovely meal. It is old fashioned inside, but the good food distracts you from this, and we would go again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Have just had a delicious dinner with my husband. We were seated straight away, offered a bread basket while our cheerful waitress advised us of the day's specials. We shared the carpaccio which was a generous plate of beef topped with rocket and Parmesan. We both had pasta main dishes - I had fresh tagliatelle with bolognese sauce (the best pasta I've had for a long time) while my husband had pasta with spicy sausage. Both very tasty dishes and the waitress joked that perhaps we hadn't enjoyed it as there was nothing left on the plate! We were too full for a dessert. The ambience was just right, staff friendly and food delicious. It was not cheap but it was a smart restaurant and this is reflected in the price. I would highly recommend for a special treat.