“An Excellent Day Out”

Blenheim Palace Admission Ticket
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Woodstock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill,, Blenheim Palace is a masterpiece of Baroque architecture that boasts over 300 years of history to discover. This World Heritage Site is set within more than 2000 acres of Parkland landscaped by 'Capability' Brown, and the Palace itself houses some of the finest collections of antique furniture in Europe.Situated in Woodstock, just 8 miles from Oxford, Blenheim Palace is Britain's Greatest Palace and offers visitors a precious time, every time.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 22 April 2018

A first time visit to this wonderful place, the birthplace of Winston Churchill. A must for anyone interested in history and who will appreciate fine architecture.

BlenheimPalace1, Marketing Assistant at Blenheim Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Blenheim Palace following your recent visit. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed discovering our rich history and hope to welcome you back soon to explore everything else we have to offer.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,036)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"entrance fee"
in 155 reviews

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We visited with friends on a Friday. Plenty of parking space in the grounds. The entrance fee is expensive (£26 p.p), with a concession price of £23 for oldies.However you do get a free guided tour of the house,
(not Sundays), and access to the extensive grounds and gardens. There is also a very informative Winston Churchill exhibition. Churchill was born at the Palace by accident and you can visit the very room where he first appeared!
We converted our entrance ticket to an annual pass - this is free of charge and a must if you live fairly local.
There are a number of other tours around the house but these are extra - around £5 each. Best thing to do is use your annual pass to come back again and go on these tours as you would not have to pay the entrance fee again. The free guided tour is a well worth going on. We had a superb guide who explained clearly the history of the palace and the story of the Marlborough family whilst taking us through the various rooms. We explored the lovely grounds and gardens after a refreshing cup of tea and sandwich in the cafe, Try and make it to the cascades where the power is generated to supply the main house. In all we spent about five hours here - well justifying the entrance fee. Highly recommended.

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent visit to Blenheim Palace.

We're extremely pleased to read your comments on your overall experience and are excited to welcome you back soon to continue exploring this World Heritage Site.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The view and grounds around the Palace are amazing. A great place for a walk while you take in the sights.

They have walking and train tours. Very well worth a visit when in Oxford.

1  Thank Manoj B

Thank you for reviewing Blenheim Palace following your recent visit. We're pleased to hear you were amazed with the views around the Park and enjoyed walking to discover all we have to offer.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Met a friend here on what seemed like the first sunshiney day this year. We walked to the 'Best View in England' which took us just over 40 minutes and it was absolutely glorious. Good paths, signage at major views and benches if required. We also walked to the cascade after a lovely lunch.

So much to see and do, we didn't even have time to go into the main Palace. The staff were efficient, knowledgeable and very helpful. Good selection of restaurants. The grounds and Palace itself were obviously cared for and cherished. Wonderful day.

Thank you for reviewing Blenheim Palace. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope you converted your admission to an Annual Pass to enable you to re-visit throughout the year to discover all we have to offer.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 April 2018

This was my first visit here as I was holidaying in the area on my own with my dog. I paid £16 as I wanted to see the grounds and exterior of the house. Booking was easy online and so was access once I arrived. I did the full circuit walk of the grounds, which was OK, but very lacking in stunning views, especially as one of the picturesque bridges is covered in scaffolding and plastic sheeting!
I think saying your ticket gives you access to the grounds is also a bit misleading. The perimeter walk is ok and on good paths, but I'd agree with another reviewer, there should be more benches for stops along the way. The walk was also very strictly 'stick to the paths' - most of the lovely looking parts of were signed as private and no admittance. You could not veer off the path for most of this walk.
Facilities for dog walkers are very poor. Dogs are not allowed anywhere in the house and buildings (understandable) but all the facilities - cafes, toilets etc are located within areas that you are not even allowed admittance to with dogs. As I was on my own with my dog this severely restricted what I could access. If it wasn't for a very helpful staff member offering to hold onto my dog while I went to the toilet I would not have been able to access the toilets at all during my visit. I would have liked to extend my stay a bit longer by having something to eat but could not gain access to any of this area. Most other places I go like this have at least one outdoor seating cafe and toilets that are welcoming to dogs.
The one huge positive during my visit was the amazing trees! I have never seen trees like the ones I saw here. Huge old trees. Awesome! And these alone made me feel I had not wasted my £16.
I'm glad I visited but I think it'll be a one off for me.

BlenheimPalace1, Marketing Assistant at Blenheim Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your visit to Blenheim Palace.

We're disappointed to hear of your thoughts on our dog policy. Dogs on leads are welcome in the Park but not into the Palace, Courtyards, Formal Gardens or Pleasure Gardens, and this has been our policy for a number of years now. We ask this in the interests of the safety and comfort of both our visitors and our resident wildlife, as we have several protected species living in areas around the site.

We're disappointed to hear you will not be returning to explore all we have to offer.