All reviews the holiday inn legoland package family room lego land swimming pool changing rooms trouser press restaurant staff sofa bed leisure facilities the ground floor plenty of parking breakfast staff health club business trip comfortable stay stayed one night
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We paid £79 for a double room Inc breakfast! My son paid £64 for a family room with two kids. Amazing. The hotel was busy but the staff were great, friendly helpful and in control. Evening meal was good with a kids buffet which our two loved. The rooms are gab and obviously recently refurbished. Exceptionally clean, smart and well equipped with plenty of plug points and phone charging points. A really good supply of soap, lotion, shampoo, shower gel and conditioner. Comfy bed and a good TV. What more could you want! Thoroughly recommended

1  Thank lips45
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, and wonderful feedback on your stay.

It was particularly great to read your comments about our friendly and helpful staff, and refurbished rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We were charged for a room we cancelled prior to our stay and housekeeping left our hotel room door unlocked all day on Saturday. We were out from 9.45am to 11.30pm. My husband complained that night and no one has been in touch. I had to constantly chase front desk to find out what was happening, I expect to be called back when promised considering it costs me 13p per minute PLUS an access charge every time I phone.
A week later a refund came through but this was for the cheaper, prepaid room. NOT the room we were charged for on the day we arrived, the room no one at reception told us we were being charged for and only knew about when there was a card receipt attached to the check out invoice.
After voicing my concerns on social media I spoke to Paul who advised he would send an email straight away telling me the amount being refunded. It is not a lot to ask for an email to be sent, however 4 days on I am still waiting. Unfortunately communication does not appear to be at the fore front of this hotel. The only real communication I have had is through social media. And now this seems to have taken a turn as the person communicating is asking me to once again call the 0871 number for the front desk that costs rather than give me details for a manager above Paul as I have asked.
If you want to be taken seriously as a customer this is not the hotel for you. Apologies are one thing, but actions are quite another.
Unfortunately we won’t be staying at this hotel again, we were staying due to a family event as we have close family who live nearby and another 4 rooms were booked by our family. It’s a real shame the customer is not the focus here. When something goes wrong, in our case two major issues, this is when I would expect customer service to be on point.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank hayleydoherty
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to read your review, two emails were sent to you after our telephone conversation, and I am very sorry if these were not received.

I have also attempted to contact you by telephone on several occasions, but have been unable to reach you. I would be grateful if you could contact me on 0118 987 0461 at your convenience so that we may discuss these matters further.

I do hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel due to its close proximity to Legoland. We arrived very late on the Friday evening and were welcomed by a very warm and friendly receptionist. Our family room was large and comfortable, and our son was over the moon to be given a welcome bag and to find cookies on his pillow. The bathroom was newly refurbished and I liked the addition of usb charging points at all the sockets in the room.
Breakfast was not a pleasant experience on the Saturday morning and was exceptionally busy. We queued for a table and once seated it was fairly obvious that they were not coping with the numbers arriving at breakfast. There were no glasses at the juice stations, the coffee machine had no milk and there were no bowls at fruit counter. If you’re not going to Legoland I would say avoid breakfast between 8 and 9.
We used the pool a couple of times and found the staff there to be friendly and helpful also. It was great that they provided locker tokens and towels. The pool was quite small but fairly warm. It was busy with families on the Saturday evening, which was made worse by the pool being divided with an adult only section that wasn’t being used.
We are in the restaurant on the Saturday evening and had a very tasty meal. There was a free buffet for children which my son enjoyed.
We decided to go down to breakfast later on the Sunday and had a much better experience.
We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return if we were in the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank P4025UFpauliner
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, particularly for highlighting our friendly and helpful staff.

My apologies for any delay experienced at breakfast, I can assure you that this will be reviewed.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We got this hotel as part of a Legoland and hotel combined offer and it was a brilliant hotel... The kids didn't want to share a bed tho so we I ended up with one and partner with the other. Service was fab, breakfast was lovely, the rooms were really nice and the air con was spot on with how hot it has been this week! Would definitely return to this hotel!

1  Thank 731helenc

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel, our room was perfect, breakfast was as expected and lots of available parking but what really impressed me was the friendliness of all the staff from the lady who checked us in to the bar staff , the lady who greeted us for breakfast lovely and friendly made everyone feel welcome . All the housekeeping staff greeted us with a smile and a hello and a special mention to the lovely gentleman from Goa ( unfortunately I didn't catch his name ) who served us in the restaurant on Thursday evening and again during our family meal on Friday he is an absolute credit to the hotel . I can't fault the food and in terms of value for money for both food and drink prices really good value .
Highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again .

1  Thank Topcat429

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, and your kind comments about our wonderful staff.

We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.