“Would have been better with takeaway”
Review of Red Rose

Red Rose
Ranked #158 of 669 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The Red Rose is local and have been many times before! We didn’t book on a very busy Saturday night but were lucky to get a table!

The service this time was very slow and not what we have been used to previously! I think a lot of the staff have changed as the manager who used to take all the orders and made the process fun wasn’t there!

The food was lovely and tasty as always the atmosphere pleasant and friendly!

Unfortunately the people collecting takeaway got busier the restaurant staff got scarcer and after declining a desert and waiting 30 minutes for the bill whilst takeaways kept leaving the kitchen and they seemed to get a better service than those eating in the restaurant

Perhaps a lesson learned! Ask for the bill earlier or avoid a busy time on a Saturday night!

Still highly recommend this restaurant as it truly is a gem! I will be back

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Having tried and tested quite a few Indian restaurants in the local area, we decided to give this a chance, and on reflection, wish we hadn't.
Having looked at the website, read other reviews, and the opportunity to pre order on line, was a great idea, but thats where it stops.
I arrived early to collect my meal, and was approached by a very miserable gent, who took my booking reference, then I paid, when a couple of mins later the bagged food arrived, which made me think, how come this is ready 20 minuets before I was due to collect.
Then my suspicions confirmed, that this food was probably Cooked ages before and kept barely warm.

After unpacking a ghee covered bag, and opened the crushed cartons, what a disappointment, curries floating I ghee, all the food barely warm, and as for the vegetable balti, a few green beans and peppers the rest just gravy, soft and soggy king prawns, we looked at each other and said, NO, never again, this was probably one of the worst Indian meals we have ever ate, and rest assured, we have tried many, at home, abroad and in India.
Whilst I accept that everyone has different tastes, the quality of a lot of Indian restaurants are in decline, and need to buck their ideas up, and stop treating its customers as just money cows, and get back to better service and quality of food.
So it might have a bright outside, and a clever online ordering service, but that's as far as it goes, quite simply, Rubbish.
Would we try again, I should coco.
Lino Len.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Visited on a busy Saturday, we hadn't booked a table and the takeaway queue was big! we were lucky to get a table and however did wait quite a while to be served drinks and the popperdams.
The mains courses took over 45 minutes to come which wasn't a issue but it would have been nice for someone to say something, all the tables were in the same boat.
The food was amazing and cant fault it, the portions and chicken were of good size and very tasty, the flavours and sauce were lovely.
I prefer eating in then takeaway and no issue getting a parking space outside.

Thank hollyReading.Berks
Reviewed 4 October 2017

It's been quite a few years since we were in the Rose, it has changed a bit with more seating etc but the food is still excellent. I chose to go for my birthday and took my son and his wife, we all had great dishes, the atmosphere is very good and staff very helpful and friendly, be back soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I've been here multiple times for both dining in restaurant and take away. The staff are always lovely and always make an effort to remember you. I tried various starters and a few different main courses and always very good taste, appearance and served fresh. The quality doesn't diminish when you get takeaway either. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Heather N