US$62
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
Abbey House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$72
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$93
US$45
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
Bath Hotel(Reading)
US$45
Book now, pay at stay
US$88
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbath roadbeefeater restaurantsmall hotelsitting roombreakfast room isoff road parkingcharming hotelpower showertrouser pressample parkingthe ground floorfull englishsingle roomsized bedbreakfast was excellentbus stopfree wifi
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I stay in a lot of hotels for business throughout the UK and I can honestly say this was a very clean, comfortable nice hotel - one of the better ones !. I was in room 15 which overlooked the rear garden and was extremely quiet. The room was a good size as was the bathroom.

Wifi, coffee/tea and off road parking are all included in your room rate. For the price it would have been nice to have a bottle of mineral water in the room.

The host was very pleasant and met me at the door and showed me to my room.

The breakfast was a good English breakfast - my only criticism was that the bacon tasted like it had been re- heated in a microwave but other than that it was to a good standard.

Why not 5 stars ? Well I think for the money the bed linen could be better - a quilt rather than sheets which are a bit old fashioned these days. The shower could do with an upgrade but these are fairly minor things so don't let that put you off. I would certainly return if I need to stay in Reading again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I don't visit Reading that often but on the occasions I have I would normally stay in the city centre. However this time I was unable to get in my usual hotel, and I didn't fancy any of the others available to me through work.

I looked further afield and found the Beech House Hotel. I was a little apprehensive booking it, but there was no need.

It's a great little hotel. The hotel itself is nicely decorated, with spacious dining area and the rooms and we'll equipped. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I didn't eat dinner in the hotel, but I had the breakfast, and I would highly recommend it.

Its only 30 minute walk I to the city centre, and it's a nice gentle journey.

Save yourself some money and stay at the Beech House Hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed here last night and we had a very nice welcome. Rooms were very clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was not as good as we hoped. But apart from that it was really good. and would recommend it. Staff were very good.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was our third visit to the Beech House and we found it to be just as welcoming as our previous two visits. Very quiet, nicely presented hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The room was spotless and had all we needed for a very comfortable stay. The breakfast is well cooked and of a very generous size...lovely breakfast room also. Very nice garden. We use the hotel as a base for Royal Ascot...a taxi to the station takes ten minutes and the train to Ascot around 25 minutes...saves trying to find somewhere to park! A highly recommended hotel with the added bonus of a Beefeater opposite that serves a wide range of meals and drinks. we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KRochford
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Lovely quiet & relaxing hotel - just what we needed after a 9 hr drive to get there! Good nights sleep before business the next day.
Parking & wifi excellent.
Check in quick & easy, shown public areas & breakfast room. Bags carried upstairs to room. Staff very helpful, friendly and professional at all times. Got the impression that nothing would be too much trouble.
Room & bed much bigger than expected (bed a bit soft for us, but that's just a personal preference not a criticism) Big flat screen TV, tea/coffee facilities. Room decor good quality & tasteful. Hair Dryer - a bit old fashioned & attached to wall in a corner...not so handy. Plenty of mirrors but nowhere to put make-up/stuff when getting ready - a small minor point really but would be nice to be able to sit down in front of a well lit mirror with space for all our stuff.
En-suite is in a great position - attached to room but opens onto a small hallway within room rather than directly to bedroom. A good size too - large, roomy shower with adjustable shower head. To be clear...main door to room no 13 opens onto a small hallway where the en-suite is to the left then another door straight ahead to bedroom.
Very clean hotel - everywhere.
Breakfast & service outstanding...juice & continental as well as full English breakfast with fresh ingredients cooked to perfection. Very good choice of everything. One of us is coeliac, we requested gluten free bread/toast for breakfast in advance, which was provided, no problem. Proper linen on tables. Breakfast room looks out onto lovely garden which would be nice in good weather.
Another room for Tea/coffee bar room available to guests at all times - to make tea/coffee etc.
Lovely furnishings in sitting room/public areas - all maintained to a high standard.
Hotel very conveniently located for motorway & Reading centre. Bus stop into town 1 min walk from front door. Bus nos 1, 2 & 26 all go into town - pretty frequent service.
No bar or restaurant facilities in the hotel. However, Beefeater Bar & restaurant right across the road.
Have added pics to review...I hope they do justice to this lovely hotel.
Highly recommend hotel & would definitely stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: We had room no 13, front facing.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
beechhousereading, Owner at Beech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing such a lovely detailed review for the Beech House Hotel. Once again we appreciate your valuable input and look forward to seeing you in future whenever you are in the area. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Kind Regards