“Proper pub, real ale with great food excellent service”
Review of The Reformation

The Reformation
Ranked #8 of 654 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a typical cottage style pub serving classic pub food alongside modern britsh food. Set in beautiful oxfordshire countryside, We offer a warm welcome to all our customers and welcome well behaved dogs on leads and children in our fully enclosed garden.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

impromptu visit on a Saturday night , had a lovely meal service spot on there was a band on and made a great evening , have eaten here a few times and treated like a regular

1  Thank Mick E

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly staff. Went there for lunch with my elderly mother and we were given a nice table near to the fireplace with open fire making it nice and cosy. My mother enjoyed her sausages with chips and onion gravy rather than the mash on the menu and I had the duck salad The duck was very tasty but a few too many spring onions! Some mouli might have been nicer.
However no complaints and we had a very enjoyable lunch

1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Having heard about the outstanding Sunday roast we decided it was a must to try, and I’m glad we did! The roast beef was exceptional and certainly worthy of the ‘Best Sunday Roast’ award. The entire meal was without fault. The staff were friendly and attentive and provided exceptional service which added to the welcoming feel of the place. I also recommend the cheeseboard, if room allows! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Lisa-C0626
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely pub, Extremely friendly staff. Went for lunch after walking the dog, they could not have been any more dog friendly. Food was lovely and made to feel very welcome, will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 16 March 2018

From the minute I booked the venue for my OH's Surprise Birthday Lunch, Sam was on hand to answer all my questions and give me advice. The Ref accommodated a large group of 20 of us. We were lucky enough to have the conservatory to ourselves (so didn't have to worry about the noise levels). We were not made to feel like our lunch was being rushed. Orders were placed before hand and all went smoothly on the day. Staff were attentive and friendly. All the mains came out together so no one was left sat without food - a huge achievement baring in mind the size of our group and different dishes. The children (5-9years) loved the outdoors space and could play happily in eye view. Great selection of food and drinks. I had the scallops to start and they were melt in your mouth and had the beef filet for main, which was cooked to perfection!

I can not sing their praises enough. Our whole experience was excellent and we can't wait to go back for a Sunday roast! Thanks Rich, Sam and the team!

1  Thank Nicole75