“Lovely food”

Kyrenia
Ranked #63 of 658 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$13 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kyrenia offers a wide range of authentic Greek and Cypriot dishes, from simple souvlakia to generous and varied meze selections. Kyrenia also offers special lunchtime and midweek menus.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not being greek food specialists we tried this on easter sunday. We were warmly welcomed and enjoyed a 2 course menu which was enjoyed by my wife and myself. Looking forward to a second visit sometime soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

First time visit to Kyrenia in Caversham. We were looking forward to our meal as we enjoy visiting Cyprus and know how delicious the food is.
Friendly welcome and the place soon filled up. Busy for a Tuesday as they do a promotion on mains which attracts customers. Nice lovely atmosphere.
Starter of trio of dips was tasty. Rally enjoyed it. Sadly our vegetarian mains were lacking very much in flavour and the accompanying Greek Salad could have been much more authentic. Disappointing. I think the meat mains were probably better.
Not sure if we will be back.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Mother's day here was most enjoyable. Small, friendly, welcoming restaurant. Good service, fresh, excellent food.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I visited with my partner and mentioned it was his birthday, our lovely waitress had decorated the table with balloons confetti and roses.
The meze was amazing we were so full and tried so many yummy flavours.
At the end of the meal we were treated to a slice of our waitresses own birthday cake and a very fine happy birthday song to my very embarrassed boyfriend.
It didn't stop there....when we left the waitress popped out insisting we take the roses from our table.
Thank you so much.
Lovely time.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We visited the restaurant with a group of 25 people for our pre-Christmas dinner. Despite the size of our group the service was excellent and friendly, tending to all our needs. The restaurant itself is well decorated and cosy, but the main characteristic that makes this palce truly shine is the food! Kleftiko (lamb) is one of the best dishes I have tried and as a Greek it was definitely a very pleasant surprise to find such tasty Greek cuisine in the UK. Moussaka and Papoutsakia were also highly praised from everyone in our group. I definitely recommend this place if you enjoy good food in a nice environment.