“Best plate if food in Sheffield ”
Review of No Name Bistro

No Name Bistro
Ranked #113 of 1,540 Restaurants in Sheffield
Description: No Name is a small Bistro serving a short but continually changing menu, that is based highly on seasonality and local market produce. We're a BYO alcohol restaurant, charging just £1pp corkage. Cash payments.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were blown away the first time we went to No Name in February and booked straight away to go again. Second visit last night didn’t disappoint. The menu which changes every month has just the right amount of choice and every plate we’ve had has been cooked to perfection.

It’s an intimate venue with only about 20 covers and this really adds to the charm. Amazing value too with 3 courses for 2 around £60.

I’ve been recommending this place to everyone I speak to, I can’t praise it enough!

Will be booking in for April, May, June...

1  Thank Timull

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We eat out regularly in Sheffield but the food here was incredible last night
We had the second sitting so could stay for the rest of the evening and had a real treat
The choices on each course are limited which leads to you getting fine food excellently prepared and cooked.
The menu is on their Facebook page but the description cannot possibly give you a clue to how the food is presented or how it tastes.
The service is friendly but not 'in your face'
Take your own drinks and pay cash
A real goody treat!!

1  Thank lilpow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a lovely meal we had! A group of 5 of us booked for 6:30pm last Friday night (all later slots had already been booked!), and brought along a selection of our own wine, prosecco and beers to No Name. It is a tiny restaurant, probably seating only about 20 covers. The menu is posted up on a board (and you can also find the current months menu on their Facebook page), and uses seasonal produce. Not a great deal of choice (which I always think is a good sign anyway!), with perhaps 3 starters, 4 main courses including a veggy one and just two puds, but I was still torn between a couple of starters and main courses!
I ordered the Duck Liver Parfait starter that comes with a prune jam and some home made crackers. It was delicious, really smooth and not overly strong. Very enjoyable.
I also fancied the Goats Cheese Terrine which came with pickled cherries (!), and which looked fantastic (see pics). Perhaps next time?
My main course was the Belly Pork with mash and chorizo and it was again, very, very good! In fact the chorizo was the best I have EVER tasted (and I eat it here and in Spain frequently!). My only criticism here is that the portion of mash with the main course is on the modest side (I have a healthy appetite!), and given that, it would have been nice to have been offered a bread basket with the main course (quite happy to pay a few quid extra for bread on the table with the mains). Perhaps this is something for the restaurant to consider? I noted the group of four opposite us polished off their main courses in no time at all then one of the fellas literally cleaned his plate with his finger! He would definitely have appreciated a slice or two of bread!

I didn't order a sweet as they weren't to my liking, but would have ordered some cheese and biscuits had they been on offer.

The total bill (for five of us) was £127 (I think?), which was really good value, given we had brought our own booze (£1 corkage charge per person), given the quality of the meal. We shall return whenever we have a special occasion to celebrate!

2  Thank PathManSlough
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Surprise birthday treat didn't k ow whst to expect but so glad to have gone there the atmosphere was amazing the service amazing an so helpful an friendly an the food was to die for truely amazing we were full to the top with our amazing nivht out an will be popping back soon thanks again

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Lovely food. The bread, starter and main were great. Nice little restaurant inside, with proper Sheffield cutlery.