3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$84
PricelineUS$84
travelup.comUS$101
2,083 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies lounge bar peak district leisure facilities changing rooms steam room afternoon tea lovely hotel plenty of parking short break reception staff one night stay city centre gym function
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2021

Booked to stay here after our wedding reception. Had spoken to the hotel the day before and confirmed the stay. On the night, arrived to be told a double room was not available and instead was offered a twin room. Explained we weren't happy with this. No discount or compensation offered. We left and did not stay there. I have since complained via the Hilton website and yet to receive a reply weeks later. Will not be booking there again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rasmataz86
Reviewed 23 August 2021

We spent one night here.
We checked in at 7PM.
Check in took almost 20 minutes as there was only one person at reception and people were queuing.

Our room was upgraded to a Deluxe room and we were allocated room 52, which included 2 comfy beds, a TV, safe, minibar, armchair and coffee table. There was also a connecting door, unfortunately.

The bathroom was large and felt more modern than the room itself. It featured a sink, toilet, shower with a good water pressure and Crabtree&Evelyn amenities.

We received 2 drink coupons which we used at dinner.
Parking was complimentary.

The hotel also featured a small pool and jacuzzi, but we were too late to try it.
Awkwardly enough, there were two events being held at the hotel while we were there - an after funeral reception and a conference dealing with living miserably. Ouch!

We had dinner at the Steakhouse bar&grill, and it was just OK.
We also had breakfast at the same restaurant and it was also OK, but better than dinner.
I've written a separate review about the restaurant.

Bottom line - this is a very decent DoubleTree and other than the slow receptionist at check in and the sweltering heat during dinner, we had no issues at all.

Room tip: Go for the bigger rooms.
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank TheShis
Reviewed 20 August 2021

We had a spa break, relaxing hotel, busy breakfast but good standard of food & service. Friendly team who helped me when I forgot my phone charger. Dinner in Marco’s was slow but great food (try the fillet steak!). Close to Peak District & chatsworth house, good for couples stay.

Room tip: Ask for the new wing rooms
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank karencK3652PA
Reviewed 17 August 2021

We got married and had our reception here. It was a brilliant day.... however upon reflection numerous negative moments are remembered and this is something i wish to not reflect upon when thinking of my wedding day:
Our came topper was thrown away! This was a sentimental keepsake from our wedding which i wanted to save and cherish! It was personalised and obviously something i paid for.
They also cut the cake up but never handed it out as discussed during our wedding planning. This then all got thrown away!! I paid a lot of money for our cake to be wasted.
The hotel did not sort a seating plan and name plaques as discussed which meant guests had to wait in the bar for a long time until this was sorted. This caused me stress on the day as people from the hotel kept approaching me asking me questions over and over again which we had already answered during the wedding planning.
Our wedding planner was not there on the day and clearly did not handover our plans correctly.
They tried to charge breakfast again the day after.
They did not include the bridesmaids rooms or book it in the overall price which i thought was paid for. Therefore had to pay another £200.
The garden area was very untidy/mucky with rubbish and cigarette ends. I expected this to have been tidied prior to our wedding as we had paid a lot of money and this also impacted our photographs.
My parents room was booked incorrectly as i asked for a room with three beds for my disabled brother to sleep in. But no extra bed was set up until we raised the issue.
They also tried charging us for an extra 25!!! Adult meals which luckily was rectified when i raised this issue.
Overall i feel the hotel was very unorganised after all the planning and money spent this was so negative and when i think back to my wedding day although there was extreme joy i do feel some negative emotions and some upset especially around the loss of cake topper as no apology was made.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 473jessieh
Reviewed 7 August 2021

The hotel staff was really friendly and welcoming.
The room was clean and easily accessible. The check-in was easy and the gentleman was thorough about the cleanliness and extra COVID safety futures.
The bathroom could have been cleaner and drainage system better.

Date of stay: August 2021