“Pre theatre disaster.”

Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Café Rouge Sheffield is set in the heart of the shopping district and is the perfect place to unwind after a busy day shopping, or a break in between! We've taken inspiration from the famous steel and cutlery production since the 19th century. You'll find little touches to delight throughout the restaurant, like antique pendants and romantic black & white photography. Don't forget to visit us when the sun's out as well and enjoy large outdoor seating areas.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited mid afternoon prior to Lyceum theatre. Large restaurant virtually empty. No atmosphere. Tw adults and two children. Steak baguettes inedible - replaced but not significantly improved. Children's fish cakes very dry and uninteresting..

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It doesn't matter what time of day you visit all the staff are always friendly and helpful. We visit regularly and staff always find time to have a chat. Always enjoy whatever I pick off the menu. Looking forward to the summer outdoor dining.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Cafe Rouge as part of a Groupon deal so probably got value for money. However...

Food arrived and was ok but had a microwaved taste/chewiness to it. If I’d paid full price for the meal I’d had been disappointed. Fortunately the sauce was tasty so the chicken was passable.

As we were being asked if we would like puddings, the manager told the waitress that the kitchen was closed- 90mins early! So no pudding, no after meal coffee, no more drinks. As we finished our drinks we felt like they wanted us to leave so we quickly downed our drinks and settled the bill.

The restaurant was quiet so I understand why they closed early but we’d booked in advance so found it strange that they closed the kitchen before checking we were finished.

Don’t think we’ll be making a return visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was served by a number of staff members - esther, konrad, Lauren, carly and Joe.

I was welcomed immediately by esther who sat me in a lovely seat by the bar where I could chat with the wonderful barman joe who makes every drink beautifully and quickly.

My order was taken by esther who recommended the new cod cassoulet, which was full of flavour!

Carly brought my food and ensured I had everything I needed. Which I did, obviously.

Konrad cleared my plate and offered me a dessert menu which I never refuse.

Esther took my dessert order whilst SPEAKING A LITTLE FRENCH! How authentic!

Lauren came over to say hello with my second drink.

I honestly feel so welcome here. They are all consistently lovely and real asserts to the company! I cannot wait to come back!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The staff were very attentive and couldn’t have been more helpful. However the meal wasn’t the best in fact it fell well short of my expectations. I opted for the burger which was dry and the fries were under cooked. Friends had other options from the menu and none of us were blown away by our choices.