Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$111
US$92
US$76
US$63
The Norfolk Arms(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$60
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Wilson Carlile Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$63
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$130
All reviewshalls of residencehomemade cookiescoffee machinestudent villagemusic roomstudent hallsuniversity campusbotanical gardensstudent accommodationroll top bathcold buffetno liftecclesall roadlarge bathroomhot drinkscooked breakfastlovely hotel
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I frequently visit Sheffield and this used to be one of my first choices to say, now I am not so sure.

Checked in with the normal friendliness and efficiency. Booked a table in the restaurant for seven o'clock. Went down for seven and at ten past had to search for somebody to take our order. Not too good ! I had to go search for somebody to take an order for each of our courses and the coffee in the restaurant is not as good as the free ones available in the room section.

Breakfast used to be cooked to order but on the Sunday of my visit this certainly was not the case. Ordered very soft scrambled egg and it was served burnt. Not being one to make a fuss I just left it.

To sum up. people service very good but not backed up with what is delivered.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here during a work trip. Lovely venue in great surroundings. The room I had was modern, clean and inviting. I had a good nights sleep! I didn’t have food in the restaurant but ate breakfast. It was absolutely fine for what I needed. The hotel is part of a conference Centre. It’s good value for money and location wise good to access the south and west parts of the city as most hotels seem to be located near the M1 motorway or right in the city centre,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank christineV9417QH
Frankie D, Front of House Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

It’s so lovely to receive reviews such as this – thank you very much! We work extremely hard here at Halifax Hall to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay and I’m so pleased to see that you are impressed with the services that we offer. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your room and the amenities we provide. I hope that you will keep us in mind next time you visit Sheffield. Please contact the hotel directly to receive the best rates on 0114 222 8810.

Frankie Dawson

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Where do you start, parking good, reception excellent, staff amazing excellent professional friendly nothing is to much trouble for them at any time, the bar and meals are wonderfull. the rooms very clean and comfortable and a great bed at the end of the day. its a shame you have to check out. thank you Halifax hall, I will see you soon. xx

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Frankie D, Front Of House Manager. at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

We have a great team at Halifax Hall, everyone is friendly, helpful and willing to go above and beyond for all our guests, I’m pleased that you noticed this and I will happily inform all of our staff of this lovely review.

I’m glad you enjoyed your drinks at the bar! A s team, we have recently worked hard to create a new bar menu with lots of delicious cocktails and gin recipes.
It’s good to see that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner in our restaurant. Our Head Chef takes prides in our menus and creates all of the dishes with locally sourced ingredients which always taste better in my opinion!

I’m so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay so much – we work extremely hard at Halifax Hall to make sure all our guests have a great time. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife and I have stayed here a number of times, it never fail to leave a smile on my face . Its great to get away from the "corporate hotels" . Super friendly reception staff . Great coffee and tea machine in the hall , and the home made cookies are a real treat . The rooms are perfect, beds are very comfortable. The only problem is now that the word is out its getting a little more difficult to get a booking . 10 out of 10 , we loook forward to our next stey.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Frankie D, Front of House Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Reviews like this always put a smile on my face. We work extremely hard here at Halifax Hall to ensure that our guests have a great stay and guest service is our number one priority. I’m pleased to see that this comes across to our guests and makes all our efforts worthwhile.

Our reception girls are all extremely friendly and efficient and aim to make check in and out as smooth as possible. We show all of our guests to the room in order to give a brief tour of the hotel, carry any luggage our guests may have and make them aware of the amenities we provide.

Instead of having coffee/tea making facilities in the rooms, we have quality bean-to-cup coffee machines on every floor that our guests can help themselves to as much as they like!

As our boutique hotel only opened its doors 2 years ago, all of our rooms are still up to a high standard and are decorated tastefully. We are really happy to hear your find our bed very comfortable.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Lovely building friendly staff. Afternoon tea ordered .We were in a good room but we were the only ones having anything tea arrived sandwiches a bit dry but when asked they brought fresh ones. Lots of tea cakes OK price very good for what we had

Stayed: October 2017
Frankie D, Front Of House Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your kind words about our staff. The team here are some of the nicest and most hardworking people I’ve had the privilege of working with and I’m glad this comes across to our guests.

The building was formerly a Victorian steel baron’s mansion and was later renovated into University hall of residence for more than 80 years. We have maintained a lot of the buildings original features such as parquet flooring and fireplaces in some of the bedrooms and function rooms. As a mansion it had its own grounds, before being built upon by the surrounding halls of residence. Our promotional images show off the building’s original character as we are rather fond of our hotels history.

We are really happy to hear that you came to the hotel for afternoon tea. I am sorry to hear that your sandwiches seemed dry, our staff is always around if our guests experience any problems throughout their visit to let us know so we can do our best to assist with the issue.

We appreciate all feedback so we can continue to grow as a business and ensure that our service standards are always improving.

Please contact for any other queries, on 0114 2228810.