“Give it a go”

Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We love great food & innovative cocktails. We throw in some fine ales & some great beers from around the world & serve it up in a friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have visited this pub on many occasions, just for a drink - not even sure if they do food.. it always seems to be very busy, but because of the layout of these premises it can feel very full, however one side of the bar can be empty. This is very old pub and use to have two entrances, but only one is used now, that causes bottlenecks in the bar. Music provided by a DJ is usually excellent. Staff are pleasant, but due to the layout you may have to wait a little longer to get served. In my opinion there are not enough seating. Toilets are not good enough.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Shame this one, menu looked good. Place is nice a welcoming. Waited nearly hour and half for four meals. If it was busy you might understand but there were only 3-4 tables with diners at them. You just don't expect to sit there waiting nearly two hours for your dinner. We could have cooked it ourselves in that time!

Once the food came it was fine but we had waited so long that it was just food, not the meal we thought it would be.

Seems to be a challenge to get the food out on time.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018

My partner and I have visited The Wick a few times but only recently tried the food. The food was delicious and the menu had a good variety to choose from! We shared a few starters (all good portion sizes) I had the nashville chicken and my partner had the steak! Both presented really well and the service was friendly. Would go again!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We've been here twice before and we loved it, so even though it was a bit out of the way for us we went because we liked the place.

We chose our food, got a drink and waited. And waited. And waited. Then we waited some more.
Over an hour I'd say, possibly more.

Eventually the food came, and it was just "nice". Before it was superb. Standards have dropped somewhere along the line, which is disappointing because we really like this place normally.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Worst roast dinner I’ve ever had the misfortune of eating. The photo does it more justice than I could ever do (note I had eaten a slice of the dry pork before I took this). I’ve honestly served better to my dog from leftovers! If you look closely there is actually some ‘gravy’ on that plate.

I felt cheated at 50% off during their January promotion - a shame given that we’d heard good things previously. I think the chef must’ve had a particularly heavy night the evening before.

Decided to have dessert elsewhere. The poor/disinterested service only added to the disappointment.